News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Quickest runs on routes

Started by nitromatt1, June 23, 2013, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

The n bus and n network ticket covers you until the university of Warwick so the 12 service, if you continue beyond this on service 11 only NXWM and NX Coventry daysavers are valid and a single fare is more than the normal single Coventry fare.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:07:43 AM
The n bus and n network ticket covers you until the university of Warwick so the 12 service, if you continue beyond this on service 11 only NXWM and NX Coventry daysavers are valid and a single fare is more than the normal single Coventry fare.

I've travelled on the 11 from Leamington Spa numerous times, I have even used the X15/X18 from Leamington Spa with an nNetwork without any issues
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Your lucky then as there not valid I asked Tony before and he definitely said there not valid because your traveling beyond the boundary.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 12:09:13 AM
Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:07:43 AM

I've travelled on the 11 from Leamington Spa numerous times, I have even used the X15/X18 from Leamington Spa with an nNetwork without any issues

Perhaps that was because some drivers are more relaxed with tickets than others

Ash

Some drivers probably just forget or probably don't even bother checking what kind of pass you actually have as it makes little difference to them.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:10:53 AM
Your lucky then as there not valid I asked Tony before and he definitely said there not valid because your traveling beyond the boundary.

I tried to board a (Stagecoach) U1 in Leamington Spa with an nNetwork ticket and I was told it was only valid on the 11. As I've said before, I managed to board the 20 with an nNetwork ticket from Bedworth, which is also outside the border to my understanding, without any issues, on this occasion, I tried to board a (Stagecoach) 48 and I was told I could only use it on the 20

Ash

I have caught a 48 along the Foleshill Road before using a n network ticket and the driver was really picky over it even though it was valid he even asked me where I was going it was like something foreign to him. If you get to bored from Bedworth or Leamington then your lucky but if an inspector gets on you will get a penalty fare as your ticket is not valid.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:17:29 AM
I have caught a 48 along the Foleshill Road before using a n network ticket and the driver was really picky over it even though it was valid he even asked me where I was going it was like something foreign to him. If you get to bored from Bedworth or Leamington then your lucky but if an inspector gets on you will get a penalty fare as your ticket is not valid.

I don't see how that can happen if the driver allows you to board the bus with the ticket. Surely that's a fault of the driver is it not?

Ash

Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 12:19:26 AM

I don't see how that can happen if the driver allows you to board the bus with the pass. Surely that's a fault of the driver is it not?

No it's the same with a driver letting a passenger on board with an out of date pass then it's not the drivers fault as it's the passenger that gets thrown off and fined. Same in respect as you would be using an invalid pass you might as well travel without a ticket.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:22:50 AM
Quote from: Shaun on June 24, 2013, 12:19:26 AM

I don't see how that can happen if the driver allows you to board the bus with the pass. Surely that's a fault of the driver is it not?

No it's the same with a driver letting a passenger on board with an out of date pass then it's not the drivers fault as it's the passenger that gets thrown off and fined. Same in respect as you would be using an invalid pass you might as well travel without a ticket.

Ok, thanks for the info. I will double check with Centro, because I have been allowed to board buses in Leamington numerous times without any issues, and I have been told by Stagecoach drivers that NXC buses are valid in the aforementioned areas

Ash

Yeah best doing that Shaun only passing on the information I was told from Tony on here as I don't want you to get fined for having incorrect information given to you by stagecoach drivers. If you search under the NX Coventry thread and on the second page under Coventry fares it mentions both the Cov daysaver and regional daysaver are both valid on the 11.

the trainbasher

Nbus map

NXWM Travelcard map

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Damn 3 pages of crap. Please keep Personal Conversations off the Public Forum.

I did a whole 23 in 29 minutes the other evening. I was late, naturally, from Woodgate. Just got to town smack on time, ready for the run back to Garage.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: The Rat on June 24, 2013, 01:13:03 PM
Damn 3 pages of crap. Please keep Personal Conversations off the Public Forum.

I second that, back on topic please!!

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 24, 2013, 12:34:43 AM
Yeah best doing that Shaun only passing on the information I was told from Tony on here as I don't want you to get fined for having incorrect information given to you by stagecoach drivers. If you search under the NX Coventry thread and on the second page under Coventry fares it mentions both the Cov daysaver and regional daysaver are both valid on the 11.

Thanks Ash, I double checked with Centro and nBus/nNetwork tickets aren't valid in Leamington Spa, so I was given incorrect information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk