News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva tenders lost

Started by Ck, June 22, 2013, 10:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

The b6s internally at least are loads better than arrivas shit darts and esp the awful sb120s

bwsau cymru

Its good to see Arriva have someone come into there turf for a change to them intruding on others, it is a shame nx are getting the route as I would of loved to see diamond come into Cannock.

On the subject of monopolies its good to see arriva have theres hacked at in Cannock and its also good to see nx go into other areas and hopefully build on it with commercial services (like new 936).

My only concern is the passenger. Everything is getting more and more exspensive and passengers aren't so fortunate to have a product like Nbus is Staffordshire so It means buying additional tickets. That I think is something which local auorthorities are significantly overlooking. If nx do pick up a 33 service that means 3 different companies on a route who aren't actually competing as it the sense like the competition on the 4.  I would love to actually see the subject of bus tenders brought up by centro at there exibitions they do and to actually give passengers a say in who then want to operate there service, afterall we as tax payers are funding these services so surely its right we get a choice in what we are paying for.

To end I would like to wish every sucsess to nx and to ariva.....HAHA :P
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

I can see your point with the 2 and 33 to walsall say if u went in an afternoon and came back on an evening. If you bought single fare you might save though as nx may be cheaper. Be goid to see the 936 extend to cannock itd pick upthe daytime 32/33 business and Iit can get busy

Westy

Quote from: Westy on June 26, 2013, 07:28:42 AM
Does the new tender include equivalent journeys to the 745 & 845 from Hednesford on Sundays, which arrive in Bloxwich around 830 & 930, or have those journeys been cut?

Anybody?

Tony

Quote from: dannygill on June 27, 2013, 10:46:15 PM
Its good to see Arriva have someone come into there turf for a change to them intruding on others, it is a shame nx are getting the route as I would of loved to see diamond come into Cannock.

See my comments above about these routes

Bob

Which comments tony? Think theyre on the other thread :) its a real shame whats happening :(

Tony

Quote from: bob on July 08, 2013, 07:29:49 PM
Which comments tony? Think theyre on the other thread :) its a real shame whats happening :(

Yes, sorry, will post it here as well for those who haven't read the other topic, there is no guarantee that NX will be in Cannock at All, Arriva have registered most journeys on the 2 & 33 and all the 25/26 journeys commercially. The remaining 2 and 33 journeys are being rebid for

bwsau cymru

good to see arriva aren't going down without a fight back!
campaigning for better transport for all

Bob

Good? Yea they can continue ripping us off for daysavers at 6 quid a time to travel on shit knackered buses as opposed to 3.90 for a better service? How can it be good that they get to keep their monopoly? Nx still sticking with the X51 tony? I really hopethey launch an attack on arriva either here or in the wm...kill off their joke of a 19 ssrvice maybe...it would be ace if they blew them out of the water on the 1 as well :-P

nx4737

Quote from: bob on July 08, 2013, 07:42:50 PM
Good? Yea they can continue ripping us off for daysavers at 6 quid a time to travel on shit knackered buses as opposed to 3.90 for a better service? How can it be good that they get to keep their monopoly? Nx still sticking with the X51 tony? I really hopethey launch an attack on arriva either here or in the wm...kill off their joke of a 19 ssrvice maybe...it would be ace if they blew them out of the water on the 1 as well :-P

Change the record, mate.

Bob

Im stating that total monopolies arent good if you got a problem with that I dont really give a s##t....

covlad27

Quote from: dannygill on July 08, 2013, 07:36:11 PM
good to see arriva aren't going down without a fight back!

I personally think Arriva have something up their sleeve which they are not letting on to yet.

Arriva being now owned by DB anything is possible

Bob

Up their sleeve???? If they have i doubt itll be in cannock lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk