News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fall in passenger journey's in WM

Started by winston, June 20, 2013, 04:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Westy

Must admit my bus journeys have cut down, since my job relocated as I have lifts most of the time now.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 20, 2013, 06:58:32 PM
Must admit my bus journeys have cut down, since my job relocated as I have lifts most of the time now.

In a similar vein, before I switched jobs, I worked near Shirley so had to get four buses a day to/from work (37 to/from Solihull, 5/6/76 to/from Cranmore), now I work in Sparkbrook, I only have to catch two, one there and one back (37).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on June 20, 2013, 07:51:30 PM
... now I work in Sparkbrook, ...

How's that working out for you?

You have suprised me, Sir.

But like you've seen on the Bristol Road, when it was going round Corporation Street, every bus had a standing load coming into Brum, but now - yeah it's busy but, still. Deffinate reduction.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

ilovetea4370

Quote from: The Rat on June 20, 2013, 10:50:16 PM

But like you've seen on the Bristol Road, when it was going round Corporation Street, every bus had a standing load coming into Brum, but now - yeah it's busy but, still. Deffinate reduction.

One thing I don't understand is if the 45, 47, 82 and 87 can all be re-routed back into the heart of the city, surely a key service like the Bristol Road's can fit in somewhere, even if they just followed the 45 loop and stopped at the old 33/51 Albert St stop, it would still be an improvement and help people with connections?

The 35 also seems to be leaving City much much emptier now, although that one I am not complaining about!

Sh4318

Quote from: trident4370 on June 20, 2013, 11:17:49 PM

One thing I don't understand is if the 45, 47, 82 and 87 can all be re-routed back into the heart of the city, surely a key service like the Bristol Road's can fit in somewhere!

Isn't that what the x64 does?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Shaun on June 20, 2013, 11:41:46 PM

One thing I don't understand is if the 45, 47, 82 and 87 can all be re-routed back into the heart of the city, surely a key service like the Bristol Road's can fit in somewhere!

Isn't that what the x64 does?

If you enjoy waiting half an hour for a bus it does!

Liverpool Street

One thing I don't understand is if the 45, 47, 82 and 87 can all be re-routed back into the heart of the city, surely a key service like the Bristol Road's can fit in somewhere, even if they just followed the 45 loop and stopped at the old 33/51 Albert St stop, it would still be an improvement and help people with connections?

The 35 also seems to be leaving City much much emptier now, although that one I am not complaining about!

Oh no doubt they will change it, again. I think if the BR does go up Carr's lane, they'll say there is too many buses up there as it is. Many pedestrians and buses is a recipe for disaster.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Quote from: The Rat on June 21, 2013, 09:31:25 AM

Oh no doubt they will change it, again. I think if the BR does go up Carr's lane, they'll say there is too many buses up there as it is. Many pedestrians and buses is a recipe for disaster.

There are too many buses but use Carrs Lane now, it's becoming a mini Corporation Street, you get the Aston services, Newtown services, Sparkhill services, not too mention the 45/47, 98/99/x64
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Shaun on June 21, 2013, 09:46:09 AM

There are too many buses but use Carrs Lane now, it's becoming a mini Corporation Street, you get the Aston services, Newtown services, Sparkhill services, not too mention the 45/47, 98/99/x64

I know mate! All it takes is a 6 to overtake a 37, pull in at an angle and half the city comes to a halt. Either that or get a 47 stopped behind a 45 up the top and that'll fudge everything up as well. Very narrow road for that volume of PCV's.
until it cought fire

andy

Quote from: The Rat on June 21, 2013, 09:49:49 AM

I know mate! All it takes is a 6 to overtake a 37, pull in at an angle and half the city comes to a halt. Either that or get a 47 stopped behind a 45 up the top and that'll fudge everything up as well. Very narrow road for that volume of PCV's.

I said when the initial changes were made that rerouting half the city's buses onto a narrow road with not enough pavement space, too many bus stops, a busy pedestrian crossing and a tight angular turn (just so you could put a tram that only runs on one route in their place) would be a total balls up, and sure enough it is. How have Centro responded? By putting even more buses up there!!

Tony

Quote from: Shaun on June 21, 2013, 09:46:09 AM

The 'Aston' Services (115/902/4/5/14) don't use Carrs Lane any more, they use Albert Street

Liverpool Street

Quote from: andy on June 21, 2013, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 21, 2013, 09:49:49 AM

I said when the initial changes were made that rerouting half the city's buses onto a narrow road with not enough pavement space, too many bus stops, a busy pedestrian crossing and a tight angular turn (just so you could put a tram that only runs on one route in their place) would be a total balls up, and sure enough it is. How have Centro responded? By putting even more buses up there!!

I know, it's disgusting. There must be some other way for them to go through the city.

Do all services bar Colmore Row services, use Moor Street Queensway and/or Digbeth - in some way shape or form?
until it cought fire

John

Quote from: The Rat on June 21, 2013, 10:33:39 PM
Do all services bar Colmore Row services, use Moor Street Queensway and/or Digbeth - in some way shape or form?

The 74/75 does not. Turns around Old Square

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on June 21, 2013, 10:35:41 PM
Quote from: The Rat on June 21, 2013, 10:33:39 PM

The 74/75 does not. Turns around Old Square

Phew, when I saw your reply I thought someone was going to be clever and say "The 11C doesn't".

Ah, forgot about those services. Still seems like a serious amount of services on small roads. Hm, I guess Tony was right about having a bus station. It take the whole size of Digbeth haha.
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk