News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Trans Pennie Express to use LM Class 350....

Started by tank90, June 08, 2013, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Yes thats right TPE (Trans Pennie Express) are using LM (London Midland) Class 350 units to train there drivers. Now when I read this I was shocked, for the simple reason LM don't really have the trains to do that surely? and if they do why have routes been upgraded to 350s.
Now after reading this in Rail it made sense why some of the Cross City Line 323s have lost the City on the side. That got me thinking that the 323s may be going to cover some of the 350s while they are away with TPE.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

Quote from: tank90 on June 08, 2013, 01:02:52 AM
Yes thats right TPE (Trans Pennie Express) are using LM (London Midland) Class 350 units to train there drivers. Now when I read this I was shocked, for the simple reason LM don't really have the trains to do that surely? and if they do why have routes been upgraded to 350s.
Now after reading this in Rail it made sense why some of the Cross City Line 323s have lost the City on the side. That got me thinking that the 323s may be going to cover some of the 350s while they are away with TPE.

The 350s are on a guaranteed availability contact to LM from the leasors, and it is the leasors responsibility to make sure LM have enough to cover all the diagrams. They did this with the 350/1 units away for modifications to be able to run at 110mph, so can probably spare the same unit to lend to Trans-Pennine for driver training. I would imagine TP only ever have one 350 at the same time. As for 323s covering for 350s, it seems to be the other way around at the moment as two 350s are now on Walsall diagrams.

The other thing with the above contract means LM cannot use the 350s ad hoc, all Mileage is pre agreed with the leasor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk