News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by John, May 21, 2013, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8774764426/

Looks like it has been made out of Lego bricks!!
Looks funny though

That's deplorable! They should be ashamed of themselves! They've scrapped buses in better nic than that! True about the Lego though!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Saw that in Northfield earlier and it looked terrible, one of YW allover advert Tridents has a similar theme around the front bumper, from my experience YW do tend to be the worst garage for vehicle presentation and yes I know that their Presidents and B10's are getting on a bit but even their Enviro's are quite scruffy, how come PE's newer ones are all going through the refurb process yet YW's remain untouched? Lower profits and thus lower engineering budget perhaps?

Rob H

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 21, 2013, 10:25:46 PM
Saw that in Northfield earlier and it looked terrible, one of YW allover advert Tridents has a similar theme around the front bumper, from my experience YW do tend to be the worst garage for vehicle presentation and yes I know that their Presidents and B10's are getting on a bit but even their Enviro's are quite scruffy, how come PE's newer ones are all going through the refurb process yet YW's remain untouched? Lower profits and thus lower engineering budget perhaps?

That's 4361 ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Quote from: Rob4367 on May 21, 2013, 10:26:57 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 21, 2013, 10:25:46 PM

That's 4361 ;)

I don't think 4361 looks too bad, only because you can not see the livery on the side because of the advert.

andy

I despair. Where else in the country could you see this? No shame.

andyr

A total disgrace..i was in Edinburgh last week and what a fantastic fleet of buses they have there..There fleet is immaculate, shinny paintwork, clean windows without etching ane despite por wearther because the fleet is maintained with heaters all in working order no misted up windows.. A insperation to all operators, but perhapes for most just to much effort..

JackC

Even just getting a can of red spray paint on that front end would be better than the state it's in right now...

andyr

So sad that buses look like this, if a contracted operator on Nat Exp work presented a coach like this the fines would be very expesive. No wonder people have no respect for buses when the regions domimant and supposdley top operator see fit to present buses im this way. Wonder if nat ex shareholders care ?

ilovetea4370

Haha its been like this for about 2 weeks now. Sounds amazing though credit where credit is due shes a good bus, Just a shame they couldnt be arsed to give the front a lick of paint!

andyr

I wonder if a vehicle belonging to Joes Travel looking like this would be discribed as a good bus ???..No, i didnt think so. Would a bus looking like this tempt you out of your nice clean car, with clean wimdows and working heating on to 1407 for your journey tl the office ?

ilovetea4370

When your on a forum used by bus enthusiasts... there's more to a bus being a good bus than just how a bus looks! For the record yes this would actually tempt me more than one of the new B7RLE heaps!

Andrew1991

I think it looks nice, new livery maybe ? Bringing red, white & blue back ;)

Westy

This is bad enough, but what about the panels that have the fleetname on?

When they get damaged, the replacement is either missing or partially missing the fleetname!

Sure I saw one of Walsall's Gems like that.

Driver03

I'm going to be fair here ;) . 1407 does look odd and I do agree that presentation could be better, but please consider this. Older buses are harder to maintain due to lack of parts, and yes in an ideal world all panels would match and be the same shade and colour etc. however these buses are never really out of service, some operate 24hrs a day now and the main priority is making sure the bus is in roadworthy condition and safe to be on the road. From my point of view I'd rather have a safe bus with mismatched panels than a bus that's not fit to be on the road.

In an ideal world we'd have a brand new fleet of buses every three years, however this costs a substantial amount and I highly doubt any bus manufacturer could complete such an order on a regular basis.

I'm not having a go at anyone, just offering an alternative point of view 8)

And one final note, it gives us all something to look out for and talk about, so it's win win ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk