News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Started by John, May 21, 2013, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 22, 2013, 08:01:32 PM
Are "andy" and "andyr" the same person? Both are spouting continuous nonsense

Please take your silly conspiracy theories and personal attacks back to the playground where you and they belong and leave the discussion to the adults.

nitromatt1

Quote from: andy on May 22, 2013, 08:31:25 PM

Please take your silly conspiracy theories and personal attacks back to the playground where you and they belong and leave the discussion to the adults.

Point proven

Tony

Not that I can tell. I know Andyr, where he works etc. Andy info appears to be completely different, certainly not posting from the same IP

winston

At the end of the day, the current appearance of 1407 is not typical of the whole fleet, neither is it very common to see buses with unpainted bare aluminium panels these days, 1407 may have had to be pressed back in to service at short notice, but after two weeks, it should really have had the front painted by now.  B10L's aren't junk either, they are good quality first generation low floor buses, at 17 years old they still look fairly modern and haven't required the heavy refurb's / re-builds that Metrobuses had to keep them in service. Although now at 17 years old, they now form only a small percentage of the total NX UK bus fleet and look highly likely to be replaced within the next 12 months.

I agree that fleet presentation should be higher priority, and NX are now investing heavily in both new buses and refreshing the existing fleet both internally / externally, but unfortunately due to a number of years of under investment in new buses and neglecting to refurb much of the existing double deck fleet for so long, with a fleet of circa 1650 buses (inc NX Dundee) its going to take time to bring the whole fleet up to scratch. They can't all be dealt with over a 12 month period, neither can buses be replaced every few years like certain Cheslyn Hay based coach tour operators does with its fleet, even that policy is exception to the rule amongst the majority of coach operators. None of the other big bus groups have 100% low floor fleets, Lothian is a high quality well run bus operation, but again is the exception rather than the norm.

NX's CEO Dean Finch has stated he intends to build high quality 'best in class' operation, if the current investment levels are maintained i.e. 130 new buses per year, the average age of the NXWM fleet will fall sharply once the remaining B6LE, B10L & majority of the Mercs have been withdrawn, this looks highly likely to occur within the 12-18 months.

andyr

No not the same person Matt and just because you dont agree not nonsence !!.

Sh4318

Could we get back to buses, please! If you want to argue make a separate thread and leave this one be.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

Quote from: Shaun on May 22, 2013, 09:33:48 PM
Could we get back to buses, please! If you want to argue make a separate thread and leave this one be.

Well said Shaun :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 22, 2013, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: Shaun on May 22, 2013, 09:33:48 PM

Well said Shaun :)

I am not arguing

Trident 4609

Didn't say you was >:(

nitromatt1

Don't worry Nath I wasn't talking to you

andyr

Its a great shame that constructive critism can not be put on this forum about nxwm without being abused.I have no connection to Andy or prior knowledge to any of his posts. I have known Tony for many years having worked together at both Central Coachways and Nxwm Walsall depot. A pity that adults and people who work within the transport industry cant express an opinion without the torrent of abuse from enthusiasts.

andy

Quote from: andyr on May 22, 2013, 09:50:41 PM
Its a great shame that constructive critism can not be put on this forum about nxwm without being abused.I have no connection to Andy or prior knowledge to any of his posts. I have known Tony for many years having worked together at both Central Coachways and Nxwm Walsall depot. A pity that adults and people who work within the transport industry cant express an opinion without the torrent of abuse from enthusiasts.

Very well said. Some of the enthusiasts on here forget that a lot of people here have actually worked and still do work in the industry and have a sound base of experience and knowledge to call on. That doesn't mean that enthusiasts don't know anything, quite the opposite, but they could at least treat people's opinions with respect and take part in a sensible and balanced discussion instead of ganging up into a one eyed monster.

Dylan4579

Quote from: andy on May 22, 2013, 08:31:25 PM

would you like to tell me why children can't argue like you have??

Trident 4609

In my opinion this forum is here for people to have an opinion in which other members.should repect. The forum isn't here for people to argue with each other.

Please can we just get along and if you don't have anything nice to say, Just don't say it.

vinh1000

Saw 1407 today and front is all red
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk