News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Worcestershire Connecta

Started by 598, May 10, 2013, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Probably a stupid question and me probably just being thick but where exactly is the Worcestershire County Connecta ticket valid from? Is it just after the boarder in Worcestershire or can you buy it within the West Midlands county. So for example, if I wanted to use the X50 to Redditch then the 247 to Evesham then go somwhere else from there, a Connecta ticket is perfect for that but can I buy it on the X50 in Birmingham or would you pay for a single fare to Redditch then purchase the Connecta ticket on the next bus??

Dylan4579

Quote from: X94 on May 10, 2013, 07:13:50 PM
Probably a stupid question and me probably just being thick but where exactly is the Worcestershire County Connecta ticket valid from? Is it just after the boarder in Worcestershire or can you buy it within the West Midlands county. So for example, if I wanted to use the X50 to Redditch then the 247 to Evesham then go somwhere else from there, a Connecta ticket is perfect for that but can I buy it on the X50 in Birmingham or would you pay for a single fare to Redditch then purchase the Connecta ticket on the next bus??
Strictly speaking you would probably have to pay extra for the single to redditch, but as long as you've paid, Drivers won't mind.

Justin Tyme

I'm afraid Connecta is only valid for bus journeys within Worcestershire.  I did ask Worcestershire County Council about validity, specifically mentioning the 50A/X50 and the 247 as they run through Warwickshire between points in Worcestershire.

I was told that it is valid on the 50A and X50 between Hollywood and Redditch, no doubt because the Warwickshire section is only a mile or so.  But on the 247 I was told it is only valid (a) within Redditch and (b) between Cleeve Prior and Evesham - not over the full route.

Dylan4579

Quote from: Justin Tyme on May 10, 2013, 08:02:21 PM
I'm afraid Connecta is only valid for bus journeys within Worcestershire.  I did ask Worcestershire County Council about validity, specifically mentioning the 50A/X50 and the 247 as they run through Warwickshire between points in Worcestershire.

I was told that it is valid on the 50A and X50 between Hollywood and Redditch, no doubt because the Warwickshire section is only a mile or so.  But on the 247 I was told it is only valid (a) within Redditch and (b) between Cleeve Prior and Evesham - not over the full route.
That's a bad idea, how will it entice non users?

Quote from: dgss1 on May 10, 2013, 08:39:36 PM
Quote from: Justin Tyme on May 10, 2013, 08:02:21 PM

That's a bad idea, how will it entice non users?

Thanks for the info guys. That's what I thought. It seems whilst its a really good idea in principal there are certainly one or two floors in the concept. I don't really see why if your journey starts and finishes in Worcestershire you can't use it throughout (247 being the perfect example). It's never been a problem with network West Midlands/centro tickets on routes such as the 256 between Stourbridge and Wolverhampton going through Wombourne in south Staffordshire because as long as you start and finish you're journey within the West Midlands then it's fine!

Dylan4579

Do Red Diamond accept swift?

nitromatt1

Looking at information on the Worcestershire County Council website, it appears the validity boundaries stated on specific services leaving the county appear to be, in some cases, the first bus stop in the neighbouring county. For example, "Hayley Green (Lutley Lane)" for the 192 - this stop is inside the West Midlands by a matter of yards. The same goes for the 50A/X50, the boundary is "Maypole (Shops)". However in some cases it is the first bus stop in Worcestershire, such as for the 007 where the boundary is "Hunnington (Illey Turn)" - this is into Worcestershire by a matter of yards.

Does this then mean that Connecta can be bought at these bus stops?

vinh1000

Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 06:49:03 PM
Looking at information on the Worcestershire County Council website, it appears the validity boundaries stated on specific services leaving the county appear to be, in some cases, the first bus stop in the neighbouring county. For example, "Hayley Green (Lutley Lane)" for the 192 - this stop is inside the West Midlands by a matter of yards. The same goes for the 50A/X50, the boundary is "Maypole (Shops)". However in some cases it is the first bus stop in Worcestershire, such as for the 007 where the boundary is "Hunnington (Illey Turn)" - this is into Worcestershire by a matter of yards.

I brought Connecta on the 16 diamond
Any bus that seems to go into worcestershire allow connecta to be brought even in the W.Mids
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

nitromatt1

Quote from: vinh1000 on April 27, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

Any bus that seems to go into worcestershire allow connecta to be brought even in the W.Mids

The Long Acre-operated 16 does not enter Worcestershire. I'm surprised you were able to buy a Connecta on it

vinh1000

Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 10:31:38 PM

The Long Acre-operated 16 does not enter Worcestershire. I'm surprised you were able to buy a Connecta on it
Rotala ticket machines can sell all tickets I understand
On there is a option to sell Redditch day tickets also :)
Likewise a while ago johnsons x50 could sell me despite being in Birmingham and needed to go redditch

Manual:

nitromatt1

Quote from: vinh1000 on April 27, 2014, 10:33:23 PM

Likewise a while ago johnsons x50 could sell me despite being in Birmingham and needed to go redditch

They shouldn't allow passengers to travel in Birmingham on a Connecta ticket

vinh1000

Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 10:34:29 PM

Yeah but ive done it enough times (i Have a swift nBus so its OK) and even Central Buses service to halesowen i believe use and slel it

Manual:

nitromatt1

Quote from: vinh1000 on April 27, 2014, 10:36:05 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 10:34:29 PM

Yeah but ive done it enough times (i Have a swift nBus so its OK) and even Central Buses service to halesowen i believe use and slel it

Luckily for me I live on the border of the W.Mids and Worcestershire so I have access to both Centro and Connecta tickets. When I get chance I'll try and buy a Connecta ticket on the 007 at the stop just up the road by Illey Lane (which I should be perfectly entitled to as it is in Worcestershire)

Martin

Does anyone know how much the weekly county connecta ticket is now as I know the diamond weekly ticket has gone up.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

j789

Quote from: Martin on January 04, 2017, 08:32:22 PM
Does anyone know how much the weekly county connecta ticket is now as I know the diamond weekly ticket has gone up.

£24 for County

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk