News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on August 13, 2022, 10:11:03 PMWon't be NX going that way as they don't fit.
Most NX buses are doing Saltley Loop, a few NX buses yesterday were just turning into Aston Church Road as well, including 1 I caught as no one on it wanted to go down there. To be hoest I guess if they were running late, not doing it could probably save about 5 minutes. In the school time traffic down there was awful, so could be more like half an hour if it was long term.

I wonder if they will run a 94S shuttle bus to serve the loop connecting with the 94/95 at Washwood Heath when the bridge does close long term due to HS2. It was of course said 14 will likely use Adderley Road instead converting to single deckers, when that time comes.
There may not have been anyone on the bus needing those stops, but there may have been people at the stops needing the bus.

BrumKev86

Looks like there's been a fire related incident near Lee Longlands on Broad Street. Road closed so all buses being diverted, trams terminating at Centenary Square.
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Westy

Quote from: Westy on August 13, 2022, 11:07:23 PMFrom Monday 15/8/2022 to 4/9/2022:

Bloxwich Road will be closed to northbound traffic from Proffitt Street and Forest Lane will be closed for water main renewal works

Services affected & diversion route
NXWM Walsall 19, 31, 32 and X51 From Walsall Direction Only

Diverted via Stafford Street, Proffitt Street, Coalpool Lane, Holden Crescent, Beddows Road then normal line of route

31, 32 and X51 Diverted via Stafford Street, Proffitt Street, Coalpool Lane, Ross Road, Harden Road, Broadstone Avenue, Bloxwich Road then normal line of route.

Towards Walsall direction services are unaffected and will continue to use normal line of route

Walsall Community Transport 26 Revised routing. From Walsall Bus Station, St Pauls Street, Stafford Street, Bloxwich Road, Proffitt Street, Coalpool Lane, Ross Road, Harden Road, Beeches Road, Hawbush Road, Roebuck Road, Chestnut Road, Walker Road, Barracks Lane, Thames Road

No mention of Diamond 31/32 routing though.

Further to this, police incident in Sneyd Lane, has caused the 9 & 31 to divert via Broad Lane onto Mossley, with the 9 coming out the other end.

(Presumably the 326 is doing the same!)

Westy

Reference the Bloxwich Road diversion, why would a 31 driver serve the stop at Coalpool island, but not drop off before Broadstone Avenue/Bloxwich Road junction?

A passenger said to the driver, 'Other drivers have dropped off before the turn off onto Bloxwich Road!'

Driver - 'They're not supposed to!'

Surely a temporary bus stop at Broadstone Avenue is more vital than a drop off at Coalpool Island, which the passenger should've got the 29 in the first place?

Is the 31 / 32 / X51 supposed to serve all stops on the diversion?

BrumKev86

Station Road in Stechford is closed due to incident between the retail park and the police station. 11C/A diverting via Flaxley Road, Church Lane and Bordesley Green East.

Jack

Buses are diverting off Hassop Road.

BrumKev86

A45 Coventry Road closed at Glencroft Road due to an RTC and Police chase, thankfully no injuries. 
X1 is being diverted, it seems to be coming off the A45 at Glencroft and going down Valley Road to Old Lode Lane/Hobbs Moat Road 

Police closure of Merritts Brook Lane/Hoggs Lane, Northfield this morning. YW trident stuck there it seems. According to bus times 4590 was stuck there. Not sure what happened.
18 was diverting via Shenley Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

76 diverting Cartland Road, Pineapple Road this morning. Diversion in place till January 2023 according to NXWM.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

AGPlaysMC

Looks like saltley viaduct has now opened just saw a 94 (4617) headed to city and platinum 95 (didn't see fleet number but it was x1 branded) headed towards chemsley wood and I also saw a 8A inner circle (didn't catch fleet number) also was on the 14 when I saw this
LOCAL routes innit: 8 inner circle, 14, 94, 95, 97

14 diverting Washwood Heath Road, Stechford Lane this evening.
Fire on Alum Rock Road near Thornton Road.
I saw 7509 was on the Washwood Heath Road in Ward End at about 19:20. The first one to come up here I think.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/187719?date=2022-09-19#journeys/311301904

28 also uses that road which is using Cotterills Lane according to bus times.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Due to Stechford Road being closed from Hunters Moon to Stechford Lane access only I think I saw a 95 coming out alongside the Hunters Moon but did not see which way it went afterwards as I turned down Chipperfield Road on my way home around 11:30 

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 24, 2022, 02:44:03 PMDue to Stechford Road being closed from Hunters Moon to Stechford Lane access only I think I saw a 95 coming out alongside the Hunters Moon but did not see which way it went afterwards as I turned down Chipperfield Road on my way home around 11:30
Coleshill Rd, Heath Way. In place 9 - 3 for several weeks.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Pretty horrific travelling home this evening for many people!

Burst water main on Warwick Road means 4 and 4A diverting via Baker Street.

There was a crash on Stratford Road right where I was waiting for my bus home, so those services are all now being diverted via Small Heath Highway, Golden Hillock Road and Walford Road.

So naturally Sparkbrook and surrounding roads are a right mess.

Also noticed a 50 to Druids Heath on Wake Green Road, seems they are being diverted too, though I'm not sure why.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

AGPlaysMC

4934 on the 60 turned left on Coventry road into Wordsworth Road at around 5pm earlier 

I wasn't able to post this immediately as my phone was dead
LOCAL routes innit: 8 inner circle, 14, 94, 95, 97

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk