News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: bbs on August 31, 2021, 11:29:16 PM
I was on 2220 yesterday and apparently there's roadworks on Warwick Road
So then why was all the other 4/4A's were serving it no problem?

DJ

WB48 diverted along Kenrick Way and past Galton Bridge station this morning.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

See the Coalpool yobs are at it again, as Walsall 29, according to Twitter, has been diverted via Bloxwich Road, Leamore & Harden Road.

Good job this didn't happen during the recent diversion, else all services would be diverted via Green Lane instead!

ellspurs

The X13 is currently on diversion in Coleshill because they've closed the bridge over the River Cole until December.

Today I've seen the buses take three different routes around Coleshill. I was sandwiched between two Birmingham-bound buses on Park Road this evening (about 17:45), one of which had somehow managed to loop around Coleshill. I've also seen Chelmsley-bound buses both use Park Road and also come down to the crossroads to turn right onto the High Street.

Does the X12 and X13 interwork now? I've seen clusters of X12 buses on Windward Way as well, and I wonder if this is the reason for it.

mesub

Quote from: ellspurs on September 14, 2021, 06:53:23 PM

Does the X12 and X13 interwork now? I've seen clusters of X12 buses on Windward Way as well, and I wonder if this is the reason for it.

They do interwork, although I don't think all running boards will do.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

ellspurs

Quote from: mesub on September 14, 2021, 09:30:04 PM
They do interwork, although I don't think all running boards will do.

So there could've been some possible disruption.

Today in Coleshill, I watched an X13 struggle to do the 90 degree turn off High Street onto Birmingham Road. Seems to be rather inconsistent with what route they're taking.

Also, whomever is operating the Twitter account needs to refresh service numbers. X70 and 80A mentioned this week in tweets.

https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1438034921247883275

https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1438397307167379459

Gareth

Quote from: ellspurs on September 16, 2021, 04:11:56 PM

Also, whomever is operating the Twitter account needs to refresh service numbers. X70 and 80A mentioned this week in tweets.

Yet when I tweeted them to inform them they still had 55 and X70 buses running 8/9 days after changing, they 'helpfully' informed me the buses were renumbered 95 and X13

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on September 16, 2021, 05:17:27 PM
Yet when I tweeted them to inform them they still had 55 and X70 buses running 8/9 days after changing, they 'helpfully' informed me the buses were renumbered 95 and X13

Why do you get the impression sometimes with various social media accounts, that they don't read the question before answering?

I know with certain accounts, you get the impression it's copy & paste most of the time.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on September 16, 2021, 07:08:32 PM
Why do you get the impression sometimes with various social media accounts, that they don't read the question before answering?

I know with certain accounts, you get the impression it's copy & paste most of the time.

Because for many 'big companies', the management of their social media accounts is 'outsourced' to a third-party. Thats why in many cases, whenever someone complains about something, they're either directed to a website contact form, or asked to send a DM ('direct message').

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Outsourcing is not an excuse for incorrect and sloppy information.

Diversion on the 95 in Shard End area. Service is using Freasley Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

One from Twitter again.

Wolves 11 terminating at the  Scotlands Island,  due to local yobs at Underhill throwing stones again!

BBS

41 diversion again Reddings lane, Shaftmoor lane and College road because of formans road being closed.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

CL

I was driving along Great King Street North yesterday and noticed 1822 passing in the opposite direction on the 8C - skipping New John Street West & Hockley Circus

https://bustimes.org/services/8c-birmingham-inner-circle-clockwise-2/vehicles?date=2021-09-29#journeys/170483737

I'm chalking it up to the queue for the Texaco that lies on the island, but I suppose it could be for a different reason.. Driving past the petrol station, I saw 1827 in it(!) - although bustimes suggests it was just there to turn around, rather than to fuel up 😂

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278601?date=2021-09-29#journeys/170475878
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

I caught 4937 from Ward End to City Centre at about 07:25 this morning on the 95.
Unusually it terminated on Carrs Lane (by the X50 Stratford stop). As Priory Queensway was closed/taped off by the police.
Been some time since these used to go round there and terminated nearby on Lower Bull Street.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk