News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

I went into Brum today too, and when leaving the city centre the x10 in front of me went a different way- taking a short cut down a side street.

Mike K

Quote from: Smethwickian on September 21, 2018, 08:34:25 PM
NXWM and Network West Midlands publicity did say that Hagley Road routes would be using the Cambridge Street diversion from Monday 23 September. But NWM then adds in its 'disruptions' list that security for the Conservative conference required Cambridge Street's closure from September 30 to October 4.
However, I went into the city centre today (September 21) and noted that Broad Street was already closed, but Cambridge Street was not accessible either, so that Hagley Road buses were using the Sandpits route instead! Not a mention of it on either transport organisation's website.
Does anyone, anywhere, actually have an accurate day by day explanation of what's going where in this part of Brum or do passengers just wander around on a daily basis hoping for they might see a bus, somewhere, heading in vaguely the right direction?

Generally speaking, the bit in bold.

Solo1

With the broad Street diversions is there going to have a stop back of the rep. & Along  the route as it will be a long walk if not with the amount of people that use broad Street

Mike K

Quote from: Solo1 on September 22, 2018, 07:45:17 AM
With the broad Street diversions is there going to have a stop back of the rep. & Along  the route as it will be a long walk if not with the amount of people that use broad Street

From 6th October yes, there will be stops on Cambridge St and King Edwards Rd by the Prince of Wales pub, so only a short walk from Centenary Square and Brindley Place.

Kevin

I'm going to hazard a guess that NXWM and maybe even NWM weren't aware that the works started earlier than stated, and that Cambridge Street would also be closed, such is the lack of communication these days

So now everything from Broad Street and Spring Hill has been funneled into a single lane to get to Great Charles Street. Genius.

Quote from: Smethwickian on September 21, 2018, 08:34:25 PM
... But NWM then adds in its 'disruptions' list that security for the Conservative conference required Cambridge Street's closure from September 30 to October 4.

Surely someone somewhere noted all of this disruption would already be in place when scheduling yet further road closures?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

The Diwali Mela celebrations are taking place this Sunday; closing off a chunk of the Soho Road, no doubt causing disruptions to the 74.

It appears the 74 will be running the same diversion as last year, which is understandable. The diversion is in place between 6am to just before midday. No information regarding the event has been posted onto Network West Midlands, but it has been posted on National Express' page.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/all-day-closure-of-soho-road
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

The 61 and 63 are going past University station and the traffic is very bad. 48s running in convoy. All down to selly oak looks bad

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 13, 2018, 08:08:33 PM
The 14s looked to be in a bit of a mess this afternoon. Saw a 14E to chelmsley Wood, and a NIS trident too. I was lucky to catch 4185 on the 14, which was thrashed all the way to alum rock road, where we caught up with a 46** trident.

One of the best tridents still going in my opinion. Much better than 4179 which I had also caught earlier
Burney Lane was also closed earlier due to roadworks in both directions, so the 14's were being diverted via the Fox and Goose as well, carrying on along the Alum Rock Road, then turning round on the Washwood Heath Rd, Stechford Lane, normal line of route. I saw a 46XX Trident doing that at 13:00.
The 28 and 28A would also have been diverted towards Great Barr, carrying on along the Alum Rock Road, rather than using Burney Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

The traffic is tailing to hunters moon from fox and goose was on the 70 and when I got off it was 10 late the buses need to be diverted by chipperfield road because of The waterworks making most of it into a single lane and then the petrol station gets blocked by buses because of The trek port stop
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Quote from: Hammad on November 14, 2018, 03:56:33 PM
The traffic is tailing to hunters moon from fox and goose was on the 70 and when I got off it was 10 late the buses need to be diverted by chipperfield road because of The waterworks making most of it into a single lane and then the petrol station gets blocked by buses because of The trek port stop
It was all clear and moving when I was there at 14:00, so i'd guess its only bad now its busy in the peak hour.
But if you are going to divert them, why would you choose to divert them via a long winded diversion down Chipperfield Road, which is so far of route (knowher near the normal line of route).
If you are going to divert them of the Coleshill Road at all, then Stechford Lane and Stechford Road makes more sence as it is closest to the normal line of route served, failing that Bromford Road and Bromford Lane, rejoining the normal line of route at the Fox & Goose.
The Fox and Goose is a very busy stop if you divert buses miles away from there, so if that's what your suggesting, then you are going to just confusion and mess everyones journeys up.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
It was all clear and moving when I was there at 14:00, so i'd guess its only bad now its busy in the peak hour.
But if you are going to divert them, why would you choose to divert them via a long winded diversion down Chipperfield Road, which is so far of route (knowher near the normal line of route).
If you are going to divert them of the Coleshill Road at all, then Stechford Lane and Stechford Road makes more sence as it is closest to the normal line of route served, failing that Bromford Road and Bromford Lane, rejoining the normal line of route at the Fox & Goose.
The Fox and Goose is a very busy stop if you divert buses miles away from there, so if that's what your suggesting, then you are going to just confusion and mess everyones journeys up.
true I forgot about Stechford road he traffic built at about half three
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Mike K

The usual quality attention to detail and proof reading on the diversion section of the NXBus website regarding the Court Oak Road closure and 24 diversion:

"From Monday 12th - Monday 26th November, Court Oak Road from Queens Park Road to the Court Oak Road island in Harborne, Birmingham will be closed, to allow for gas installation works to take place.

During this time the 61 and 63 services will be diverted, as follows.

Service 24 - Birmingham / Woodgate Valley North

Services to Woodgate - At Lordswood Road after Harborne Pool & Fitness Centre, buses will continue over the roundabout on Lordswood Road, then turn left onto Croftdown Road, bear left onto Court Oak Road and then continue along the normal line of route."

It should of course say the Lordswood Road island, and has absolutely nothing to do with routes 61 and 63.

This incidentally is causing havoc in the evening peak. My bus home had to wait time at Five Ways as it was running early but was 19 mins down by the time I got off - as soon as one set of roadworks finishes, another begins.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Mike K on November 16, 2018, 10:07:48 PM
The usual quality attention to detail and proof reading on the diversion section of the NXBus website regarding the Court Oak Road closure and 24 diversion:

"From Monday 12th - Monday 26th November, Court Oak Road from Queens Park Road to the Court Oak Road island in Harborne, Birmingham will be closed, to allow for gas installation works to take place.

During this time the 61 and 63 services will be diverted, as follows.

Service 24 - Birmingham / Woodgate Valley North

Services to Woodgate - At Lordswood Road after Harborne Pool & Fitness Centre, buses will continue over the roundabout on Lordswood Road, then turn left onto Croftdown Road, bear left onto Court Oak Road and then continue along the normal line of route."

It should of course say the Lordswood Road island, and has absolutely nothing to do with routes 61 and 63.

This incidentally is causing havoc in the evening peak. My bus home had to wait time at Five Ways as it was running early but was 19 mins down by the time I got off - as soon as one set of roadworks finishes, another begins.

Thursday evening was chaos on there, there were 3 11s crawling up the Lordswood road. And still got another 9 days of it brilliant, took me about 15 minutes to do a normally 4 minute journey

Diversions are in place this afternoon due to Park Street and that area of the City Centre being gridlocked, because of the German Market traffic.
17's were turning round on the the Priory Queensway to go back up Moor Street, i'm not sure where the Coventry Rd services were turning round?
Perry Barr services were entering the City Centre via - Dale End, Newtown Street, Corporation Street and the Priory Queensway.
It was causing some late running services it seems, 2 Claribel 94's were in convey in the City Centre both going to Chelmsley Wood at 16:00, one of them was the 58 plate and another one was heading towards the City Centre out of service on Saltley Road near Nechells at about 16:10.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

X1 X2  60 as a guess will go up Carr's  lane & Albert st out of town

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk