News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Harborne routes on diversion between the Green Man and White Swn via Metchley Lane, Somerset Road and Richmond Hill Road due to the gaping hole in Harborne Road as a result of the flooding on Sunday.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 29, 2018, 04:24:21 PM
Harborne routes on diversion between the Green Man and White Swn via Metchley Lane, Somerset Road and Richmond Hill Road due to the gaping hole in Harborne Road as a result of the flooding on Sunday.

The driver of 6855 has either forgotten or not been made aware of this as he carried on down the Harborne Road and is having a hard time correcting it...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 29, 2018, 05:20:58 PM
The driver of 6855 has either forgotten or not been made aware of this as he carried on down the Harborne Road and is having a hard time correcting it...

You have to make a conscious effort to steer round the "Road Ahead Closed" and "Diversion" signs at the Green Man lights so he only has himself to blame!

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 29, 2018, 05:34:29 PM
You have to make a conscious effort to steer round the "Road Ahead Closed" and "Diversion" signs at the Green Man lights so he only has himself to blame!

No this was outbound, but still there are signs there on the road. Yesterday I saw people waiting at the Green Man inbound stop...

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 29, 2018, 05:36:44 PM
No this was outbound, but still there are signs there on the road. Yesterday I saw people waiting at the Green Man inbound stop...

Ah, ok. In that case I wouldn't fancy trying to manoeuvre a bus up Yateley Road and Nursery Road then.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 29, 2018, 06:04:05 PM
Ah, ok. In that case I wouldn't fancy trying to manoeuvre a bus up Yateley Road and Nursery Road then.

Nah, he reversed and went down Brook Road. The Yateley Road diversion has been done before though.

GeminiFan1991

The 97 is diverted around Stechford. I found at first hand when I looked up from my phone and I was in Alum Rock !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on May 29, 2018, 11:07:28 PM
The 97 is diverted around Stechford. I found at first hand when I looked up from my phone and I was in Alum Rock !
Planned Diversion, info is on Traveline WM -
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_ADDINFO_REQUEST?filterInfoID=4846_Centro
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

I've noticed over the last few days a number of 8A/8C buses running along Stratford Road and Small Heath Highway. Presumably they are being diverted away from Golden Hillock Road, but there's no diversion info on either the NWM or NXWM websites.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The 11 was diverted earlier apparently, Bromford Lane, Alum Rock Road, Belchers Lane, Bordesley Green East, Stoney Lane, due to a burst pipe in Stechford.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

All week in the city centre the 14,55,94,X12 and X70 stops outside B&M have apparently been closed between 8pm and 6am. With services due to be using BS9 across the road. Only once have I seen this happen though. I use late night and early morning services for work. Does anyone know why? Quite a few confused passengers at stops both sides of the road!

j789

Was there a problem in Harborne this evening as saw a platinum 24 going up metchley lane and a 244 going down Harborne park road?

Solo1

11a  at ward  end diverted due to rtc   stop at 94 stop to city then
Via drews lane & back 11a route not sure how long it's on for just done divertion

John

Fentham Road is tight in a bus. Just had to take my X3 down there. Left onto Slade Road and use Lichfield Road to City. Gravelly Hill reopened as I Got to the end of Slade Road

CBBUser

Not sure is Green Lane, Castle Bromwich is closed, but just seen an Erdington bound 96 go past ARden Hall on Water Orton Road,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk