News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

In yardley swan island closed police
Diverting via holder rd hob Moor rd  yew tree lane to cov Rd
11 also divert the same any one know what happened& hope w very one is ok

Liberator9

Reckon the 6/49/76 had to divert this evening around 7pm in Solihull - police closed off Blossomfield Road by the railway bridge, including the station entrance/exit (thus the 37 couldn't enter/leave the station) - I assume they diverted the 6/49/76 up Streetsbrook, left down Sharmans Cross, left down Danford Lane, and then right onto Blossomfield, in the northwards direction.

Stuharris 6360

To save creating a new thread just to say this, posted it here.

Certain services are liable to diversion on Sunday if Aston Villa win the FA Cup, this is to enable a victory parade to take place.

So should be normal line of route for all services on Sunday!!  ::) ::) ::)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 29, 2015, 01:31:05 PM
To save creating a new thread just to say this, posted it here.

Certain services are liable to diversion on Sunday if Aston Villa win the FA Cup, this is to enable a victory parade to take place.

So should be normal line of route for all services on Sunday!!  ::) ::) ::)

A big IF!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on May 29, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
A big IF!

Wouldn't an Optare Solo suffice for their fanbase :)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

There was a car on fire this morning in Acocks Green village, on the car park opposite the library, and as a result part of the Warwick Road island was closed off, as well as the exit from Shirley Road onto the island, by Inn On The Green.

As a result, the 11A and 37 were having to go down Shirley Road, and turn around at the Olton Boulevard East island; I presume the 11A just continued along Otton Boulevard East to Fox Hollies Road as I didn't see them come back up. The 37 I had missed did come back up, and must have been stuck for a while in the queue of blocked traffic.

It was carnage for a short period, and when the police reopened Shirley Road onto the island (but kept the turning point closed), there were people in the queue just turning round in Shirley Road to get back to the island, despite a queue of traffic in both directions, which was just making matters worse.

And as a result of the delays, I've seen something I haven't seen for a long time: a Gemini on the 37 turning passengers away because it was full!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on June 15, 2015, 09:04:47 PM
There was a car on fire this morning in Acocks Green village, on the car park opposite the library, and as a result part of the Warwick Road island was closed off, as well as the exit from Shirley Road onto the island, by Inn On The Green.

As a result, the 11A and 37 were having to go down Shirley Road, and turn around at the Olton Boulevard East island; I presume the 11A just continued along Otton Boulevard East to Fox Hollies Road as I didn't see them come back up. The 37 I had missed did come back up, and must have been stuck for a while in the queue of blocked traffic.

It was carnage for a short period, and when the police reopened Shirley Road onto the island (but kept the turning point closed), there were people in the queue just turning round in Shirley Road to get back to the island, despite a queue of traffic in both directions, which was just making matters worse.

And as a result of the delays, I've seen something I haven't seen for a long time: a Gemini on the 37 turning passengers away because it was full!

Do you mean the 11C, as I was waiting for 4679 at the time opposite the garage on Fox Hollies Road when I heard about the fire. The 11C was coming left onto Warwick Road, onto Shirley Road, Right onto Olton Boulevard East, right onto Fox Hollies Road, then round the little roundabout junction thing outside the garage to go back up Fox Hollies Road again. It might have been just the 11Cs that were changing drivers coming back to the garage.

The 11As? I can't see how the route diverted if it came down Westley and left onto Warwick. Obviously I don't know, but logically if the fire was on the car park/Inn on the Green, the 11A doesn't go there?

Stu

Quote from: MW on June 15, 2015, 09:16:33 PM
Do you mean the 11C, as I was waiting for 4679 at the time opposite the garage on Fox Hollies Road when I heard about the fire. The 11C was coming left onto Warwick Road, onto Shirley Road, Right onto Olton Boulevard East, right onto Fox Hollies Road, then round the little roundabout junction thing outside the garage to go back up Fox Hollies Road again. It might have been just the 11Cs that were changing drivers coming back to the garage.

The 11As? I can't see how the route diverted if it came down Westley and left onto Warwick. Obviously I don't know, but logically if the fire was on the car park/Inn on the Green, the 11A doesn't go there?

Sorry, yeah meant the 11C, the 11As could get round the island no problem  :-[
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Services 004, 24 & 99 - unsure of the 10/H, but... - has been diverted from Quinton Road West, near the School, due to roadworks at/near the roundabout.

The diversion (for 24, citybound):
from Four Dwellings, it goes round to the terminus as normal, then up around 3/4 of Quinton Road West:
- stops normally at QRW, Hopedale Road
- turns left onto Simmons Drive,
- right, onto Highfield Lane,
- continues on the opposite side of a normal 24 (to terminus)
- back on service from the roundabout, outside the school.

...bit of a late edit, but I have been told this diversion was effective from Thursday... Not sure when services resume normal routes, though.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Harborne High St closed tomorrow for the Carnival

trident4370

Driver of 4652 my 11A just got confused with the 76 route out of Kings Heath.

Tony

Quote from: trident4370 on June 30, 2015, 01:26:09 PM

No he hasn't, he is on diversion due to roadworks

trident4370

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2015, 01:30:46 PM
No he hasn't, he is on diversion due to roadworks
Ah right cheers, I wasn't aware there were any.

MW

Quote from: trident4370 on June 30, 2015, 01:26:09 PM

Addison Road is closed. I was the first 11A to come across it, company wasn't aware of it. There was a Central Connect Solo reversing out of Addison Road into Alcester, and then the signs went up. I kind blocked Alcester for a bit whilst awaiting instructions, before going to turn Left at Howard Road, left Whewlers Lane, and right Brook lane onto normal line of route.

Then the diversion was changed and Howard Road removed.

trident4370

Quote from: MW on June 30, 2015, 02:46:32 PM
Addison Road is closed. I was the first 11A to come across it, company wasn't aware of it. There was a Central Connect Solo reversing out of Addison Road into Alcester, and then the signs went up. I kind blocked Alcester for a bit whilst awaiting instructions, before going to turn Left at Howard Road, left Whewlers Lane, and right Brook lane onto normal line of route.

Then the diversion was changed and Howard Road removed.
That's what caught me out, I could have sworn it was clear this morning and there weren't any signs up, must be emergency works or something like that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk