News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

997 Currently missing out Old Oscott because someone has managed to put their car on its roof in Dyas Road!

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

John

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on February 01, 2015, 01:00:47 PM
What about 28?

More than likely turning short at Old Oscott Lane island, by the Co-Op

John

Brookvale Road must have been closed this afternoon, as the 11A/C (and a lot more traffic and HGVs) in both directions were using Perry Common Road.

They were coming from Brookvale Road from Stockland Green along Streetly Road (the 65 route), then onto Perry Common Road following the 28 route to The Crossways, then I guess back down The Ridgeway along the 7 route. Strange seeing the 11 going that way!

Kevin

Noticed this morning, the junction of Thomas Street and Park Lane in Aston has "give way" lines, so it would seem the Aston Bridge Road diversions on 65/67/115 are here to stay for the foreseeable future
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on February 25, 2015, 08:13:30 AM
Noticed this morning, the junction of Thomas Street and Park Lane in Aston has "give way" lines, so it would seem the Aston Bridge Road diversions on 65/67/115 are here to stay for the foreseeable future

Is it a mini-roundabout? That was the plan. Yes, several more months of Aston Bridge closure. A lorry carrying a crane or similar was cut up by a car under the flyover. The lorry braked really had to avoid a collision and the vehicle on the back of the lorry lifted off the back into the air and sliced one of the box girders open like a tin opener. This needs replacing, but also the bridge was also due to be strengthened to take the latest heavy HGVs (44t?) It makes sense for both repairs and strengthening to be done at the same time, so this is the reason for the wait. The split of the costs also needs sorting out because obviously the HGVs insurer will only pay for repairs, not strengthening.

John

Its not a mini-roundabout. There are give way lines in both directions on Park Street, so traffic from Thomas Street have the right of way turning out

Should help us in the peaks on the 65, but I could see a nasty accident happening there with cars travelling along Park Street refusing to give way to buses/other traffic from Thomas Street

John

And that lasted as long as only one day! Park Street/Thomas Street junction back to the way it was before now, giving way turning right from Thomas Street  ???

John

Diversion for the 7 this afternoon was to City - Aston Lane from Witton, to Birchfield Road and following the 33 to Aston 6 Ways. From City, they were using Birchfield Rd, 8turning right onto Trinity Road to Witton Road

karl724223

No street lighting better on whittingham road

the trainbasher

@Matt not as far as I'm aware

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Forgot to mention, WN 25 is on diversion for the next few weeks (Diversion has already been in Place for a few weeks) due to water mains work on Waddens Brook Lane.

Diversion (Towards Wolverhampton) as follows)

From March End Rd, Left onto Lakefield Rd, straight onto Lichfield Rd, Right onto Stubby Lane, Right onto Broad Lane South then left onto Fibbersley joining normal line of route.

Towards Pendeford Business Park is reverse of above.

Diversion applies to both NX and Diamond.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on March 04, 2015, 07:28:35 PM
244 on the Furnace Lane diversion again, is there a match on tonight?

Diversion was 18:25-18:59 see my other post in reply to this

Stu

Quote from: Matt on March 04, 2015, 07:54:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2015, 07:42:24 PM

Cannot find any post relevant to this

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2320.msg133333#msg133333
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 04, 2015, 08:06:05 PM
Quote from: Matt on March 04, 2015, 07:54:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2015, 07:42:24 PM

Cannot find any post relevant to this

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2320.msg133333#msg133333

Why does Buffery Road being closed have anything to do with Furnace Lane doiversion?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk