News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Volant PVS

Started by ilovetea4370, April 19, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

Have Volant gone into administration or something as the website has disappeared from all google searches, the URL itself is dead and their twitter hasn't been used for months now? I was only trying to find out if the Ultra's were still for sale!

swifty

They seem to be focusing on commercial vehicles as the site is now full of HGV's and Trailers. There is just not the market for Buses to be the sole market for them, more haulage companies out there than bus companies. Also the vehicles they had stored on the old Zaks Buses site are now no longer there and the site is again empty.

I hope they survive, the people there have always been helpful and willing to locate stock and fleet for me in the past.
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

ilovetea4370

Well at least they are still going even if they are a bit lowkey now. I suppose with the market the way it is, they need to put all their attention into what makes them the most money.

Ironically I had my question answered today, in that the one Ultra I wanted to track down (1511), I saw at Miller st. today being canabalised. :( Always breaks my heart when beasts like that get scrapped.

swifty

With National Express only buying new fleet and Diamond following suit, not many operators in the area to sell too, only so many buses that Banga can buy. My family has brought Trucks from Volant in the last few months for our Haulage Firm, and the 4 that we have purchased have been excellent, the service was superb. We certainly would use them again rather than go back to Keltruck.

Its good to see them still in business, I know that they do have a smaller stock of buses now but as a firm they have adapted and evolved to the enviroment that they are in and are making it work for them.

Its always sad when I go past Miller St and see that all those Metrobuses are not there anymore and now those spaces are being filled up with Mercs (although not too sad to see the back of the B6's!!!!!!)  :'( ;D :'( ;D
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk