News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond bus stop stands changing in Bradford Place

Started by Ash, April 18, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

http://www.networkwestmidlands.co.uk/bus/bradford_place/bradford_place.aspx
Service 401E and 45 will now share a bus stand.
NXWM and diamond service 4 will share stands S and T which will be interesting.

PM

Quote from: Ash on April 18, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

http://www.networkwestmidlands.co.uk/bus/bradford_place/bradford_place.aspx
Service 401E and 45 will now share a bus stand.
NXWM and diamond service 4 will share stands S and T which will be interesting.

Will this give diamond a better chance of competing if they are sharing the same stand as NXWM although currently, aren't NX and diamond's stands very close together anyway?

Ash

Currently NXWM stop is closer to the town centre and normally a bus on stand most of the time so people just generally jump on that bus unless you have a diamond pass. So it will probably increase the loadings from Walsall for diamond.

PM

Quote from: Ash on April 18, 2013, 07:47:27 PM
Currently NXWM stop is closer to the town centre and normally a bus on stand most of the time so people just generally jump on that bus unless you have a diamond pass. So it will probably increase the loadings from Walsall for diamond.

Mind you diamond seem to do fine on the 4 currently though a few extra passengers won't go amiss. Why is it though that competition seems generally more successful in the black country than the west midlands?? Do less people over there have travelcards or what?

Ash

I don't know but service like the 4 has had 2 operators on the service for around 20 years and will have built up some kind of reputation, same with all the other services diamond compete with NXWM on.

tom_h

Wow! Yet another change...

It's about time though - I think they've actually got it right this time around. Good news about the 401E/45 sharing a stand again, never understood why they were split.

Ash

The stop changes could make a big difference to the amount of passengers diamond manage to pick up from Bradford Place and both companies will be competing for the nearest stop to the Saddlers. May be with whoever has the stop waiting until another bus of the same company arrives to take the more profitable stand.

bwsau cymru

campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

It was complete chaos in Bradford Place today with about 2/3 combined NXWM/Diamond 4's in Walsall at any one time with no room to park up. Also whoever parked in stand T normally had there back end sticking out blocking anyone from getting past. There was so competition in getting the Stand S as it does have a big impact to how many passengers you are able to get. I saw one of the new b7rle's leave nearly full and the NXWM using the stop behind leaving with about 5/6 on board. The new b7rle's as well as the old ex midland classic ones are superb buses I wonder when the ones from Wessex will arrive.

John

Quote from: Ash on April 29, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
It was complete chaos in Bradford Place today with about 2/3 combined NXWM/Diamond 4's in Walsall at any one time with no room to park up. Also whoever parked in stand T normally had there back end sticking out blocking anyone from getting past. There was so competition in getting the Stand S as it does have a big impact to how many passengers you are able to get. I saw one of the new b7rle's leave nearly full and the NXWM using the stop behind leaving with about 5/6 on board. The new b7rle's as well as the old ex midland classic ones are superb buses I wonder when the ones from Wessex will arrive.

Yes it was Ash. When the 4 stands were occupied, the buses were queueing up in the road waiting to turn right. In my picture of new B7 'NZU' the NXWM 4 and the 311 behind it, were blowing their horns, and the driver of the diamond 4 could not get into the bus station.

I didn't know more were due from Wessex!!

PM

Sounds like this has been good news for diamond then!!

Ash

I could be wrong then i thought some new b7rles were due for wessex releasing some older ones for diamond must be wrong though and heard it wrong

PM

I'm sure I heard the same-eclipses for wessex releasing FJ57 eclipses to diamond, well 3/4 of them

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on April 29, 2013, 08:57:19 PM
I'm sure I heard the same-eclipses for wessex releasing FJ57 eclipses to diamond, well 3/4 of them

Tony confirmed in the New Buses thread (Rotala), 4 new Eclipse are still due for Wessex which will in turn release 3 Eclipse ex Wessex to Diamond

Ash

I was right then was going to say I'm sure I read it somewhere. Only saw 3 cadets on the 4 today but still an MPD dart made it onto the service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk