News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Unusual Workings - April 2013

Started by Stuharris 6360, April 01, 2013, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 15, 2013, 05:30:20 PM
Other than Bordesley which can never get unusual workings (only one type of bus!), Pensnett has to be the most boring garage for unusual workings! Either that or BC.

For example I have never seen a Merc or B6 on the 9 except when a WB Merc appeared on Boxing Day. They hardly ever put B7RLEs on these days either!

Well really Routes like the 1 (WN), 9 and 59(WN) Shouldn't have Single deckers on there although i do like it when they put other vehicle types on the 59 alongside usual tridents and spectras.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 05:40:28 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 15, 2013, 05:30:20 PM
Other than Bordesley which can never get unusual workings (only one type of bus!), Pensnett has to be the most boring garage for unusual workings! Either that or BC.

For example I have never seen a Merc or B6 on the 9 except when a WB Merc appeared on Boxing Day. They hardly ever put B7RLEs on these days either!

Well really Routes like the 1 (WN), 9 and 59(WN) Shouldn't have Single deckers on there although i do like it when they put other vehicle types on the 59 alongside usual tridents and spectras.

Yes I know they shouldn't be on there but from an enthusiast's point of view it's more interesting when one does go on

Trident 4609

Reaf the bottom part of my message matt :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 05:42:54 PM
Reaf the bottom part of my message matt :)

Oh sorry I didn't read it properly

Trident 4609

Trident 4609

Just a quick question for everyone, Which garage would you say has the most, best and most unusual workings and which garages have the least and boring (Not that unusual workings).

Obviously BY don't have any unusual workings as they only have Omnilinks.

Coventry can be included aswell :)

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 06:01:58 PM
Just a quick question for everyone, Which garage would you say has the most, best and most unusual workings and which garages have the least and boring (Not that unusual workings).

I would say WA is a good one for good unusual Workings and so can WN garage. What are PE and WB like for unusual Workings?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

I would say WA is a good one for good unusual Workings and so can WN garage. What are PE and WB like for unusual Workings?

I just said what PE is like for unusual workings. Bawwwwring. :)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 06:03:30 PM

PE are quite difficult for unusual workings as a lot of their routes can be operated by anything they have (Enviro 400, Enviro 200, B6, B7RLE, Merc), the one i am yet to see is an Enviro 200 on the 9.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

BC are the same-you've either got tridents on double deck routes or you've got b7rles on single deck routes occasionally appearing on double deck routes with the enviro 200's mostly on the 99 but popping onto double or single deck routes. The hybrids tend to stick on the 22/23/24 where they wont get damaged. Must say BC seemed a bit more interesting when we more variety and a mix of spectras, zf and voith tridents plus presidents and alx 400 bodied B7tls. On the bristol road you could never predict what would turn up which was good from an enthusiasts point of view but i fully appreciate the need to standardise types-makes a lot of sense. I think if you want unusual workings then you have to look for diamond where anything can appear anywhere really.

John

Quote from: Peter123 on April 15, 2013, 06:22:00 PM
Must say BC seemed a bit more interesting when we more variety and a mix of spectras, zf and voith tridents plus presidents and alx 400 bodied B7tls.

The 139 on a Spectra was the business back in the day. I used to wait for one to come along for the hour trip back into Town.

Sh4318

WB's not great for rare workings at the minute to be honest. E200s seem to go on most 4* routes, 74/75, 82/87 are solid deckers, you may get the odd double decker on the 83/89, 40, 45 or 48, but WB's not that good for rares, in my opinion
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4609

So which garages are good for Rare/unusual workings?

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 15, 2013, 07:12:16 PM
So which garages are good for Rare/unusual workings?

YW & WA, in my experience
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

I think WN and WA are the best for unusual workings because they have the highest number of different vehicle types and also lots of route branded vehicles (which of course are placed on the wrong route occasionally)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk