News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on December 27, 2013, 06:50:40 PM
New NB4L Model from GoAhead London - to be set as a dual destination bus on route 11:

First one:  '11 to Fulham Broadway'
Second One: '11 to Liverpool Street'

Third bus in production to not feature a West End show on advertisement.

I must get the second one...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 27, 2013, 10:07:16 PM
Quote from: clayderman on December 27, 2013, 06:50:40 PM
New NB4L Model from GoAhead London - to be set as a dual destination bus on route 11:

First one:  '11 to Fulham Broadway'
Second One: '11 to Liverpool Street'

Third bus in production to not feature a West End show on advertisement.

I must get the second one...

I'd want the Liverpool Street one too, or one of the 24's to Parliament Square...*
*This has been mentioned on the Corgi's FB page - It shows one on route to Fulham Broadway though.

ALSO, Has anybody been to WHSmith's in the City Centre recently? They have a mini ModelZone Shop near the old checkouts near the back of the first floor. So far, only model buses I've seen were a set of two old London Buses - one of them's a AEC Regent, I think...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on December 29, 2013, 09:06:38 PM
ALSO, Has anybody been to WHSmith's in the City Centre recently? They have a mini ModelZone Shop near the old checkouts near the back of the first floor. So far, only model buses I've seen were a set of two old London Buses - one of them's a AEC Regent, I think...

Yeah, I went in on Boxing Day after seeing ModelZone posters on the Union Street entrance. They did not have much, but it is nice to see them still around, with staff out of the Bull Street store. I wonder if any other larger WH Smiths stores will have them in

Rob H

Quote from: John on December 29, 2013, 09:10:30 PM
Quote from: clayderman on December 29, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

Yeah, I went in on Boxing Day after seeing ModelZone posters on the Union Street entrance. They did not have much, but it is nice to see them still around, with staff out of the Bull Street store. I wonder if any other larger WH Smiths stores will have them in

One day this week I'll go and have a look
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Roy

WH Smith have opened 10 ModelZones in their branches to date and are also selling on-line.  Details are at http://www.whsmith.co.uk/brands/modelzone/home

Rob H

Quote from: Roy on December 29, 2013, 09:25:49 PM

WH Smith have opened 10 ModelZones in their branches to date and are also selling on-line.  Details are at http://www.whsmith.co.uk/brands/modelzone/home

I wonder if Solihull's Branch will get a Mini ModelZone Shop
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on December 27, 2013, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 22, 2013, 11:29:48 PM
Im looking for ukbus9001 if you ever see it?

Thanks

One came on ebay yesterday, just missing a nearside mirror
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CMNL-Northcord-UKBUS-9001-East-London-Scania-Omnicity-Stagecoach-FAULT-/141150150844?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item20dd3460bc

Thanks for that but that's actually mine! I like them all to be perfect but unfortunately it was delivered minus a mirror so im looking for another :( the seller refunded me half anyway

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 30, 2013, 12:13:05 AM
Thanks for that but that's actually mine! I like them all to be perfect but unfortunately it was delivered minus a mirror so im looking for another :( the seller refunded me half anyway

I know how you feel about them been perfect. I have had to glue a few mirrors back on, but they have fell off in my cabinet. I'm exactly the same, even the boxes all have to have the outer packaging and certificate for the model :)

filbus1

Quote from: John on December 30, 2013, 09:13:57 AM
Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 30, 2013, 12:13:05 AM

I know how you feel about them been perfect. I have had to glue a few mirrors back on, but they have fell off in my cabinet. I'm exactly the same, even the boxes all have to have the outer packaging and certificate for the model :)
It seems to be a particular problem with Northcord buses, I have several hundred EFE and Britbus
models with mirrors and have never had one come off. Corgi mirrors will come off but need a good knock to do it.

BU07 LGO

I know, i like to display them and store the box somewhere but ive got too many now and not enough space!

Anybody else disappointed with the new packaging and no certificates? I think the descriptions on the boxes made the model :(

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 30, 2013, 02:55:40 PM
Anybody else disappointed with the new packaging and no certificates? I think the descriptions on the boxes made the model :(

Yeah I am, with the newest CMNL ones (with the brown generic boxes), you don't get the certificates with them. I have a number of those, Magicbus Manchester Trident, Arriva Merseyside Enviro400 and the open top Stagecoach Cumbria Trident are ones I can remember.

The only new Northcord Model I have at the minute is of the Stagecoach London OmniCity, and that has a certificate. Are the rest of the new Northcord ones supplied with certificates?

Dylan4579

Quote from: John on December 30, 2013, 03:03:48 PM

Yeah I am, with the newest CMNL ones (with the brown generic boxes), you don't get the certificates with them. I have a number of those, Magicbus Manchester Trident, Arriva Merseyside Enviro400 and the open top Stagecoach Cumbria Trident are ones I can remember.

The only new Northcord Model I have at the minute is of the Stagecoach London OmniCity, and that has a certificate. Are the rest of the new Northcord ones supplied with certificates?
John what's on the blind of the omnicity?

John

Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 30, 2013, 03:11:40 PM
John what's on the blind of the omnicity?

The Stagecoach London one is on the 48 to London Bridge. UKBUS9010

BU07 LGO

I know the later cmnl ones in the brown packaging you can't see the top half because it's covered by the box

I've got ukbus6034, 6035, 6039 and 6043 and none have certificates :(

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 30, 2013, 09:38:44 PM

I know the later cmnl ones in the brown packaging you can't see the top half because it's covered by the box

I've got ukbus6034, 6035, 6039 and 6043 and none have certificates :(

Are they of limited production though?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk