News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Grand Theft Auto 4

Started by JB93, March 14, 2013, 01:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB93

Right, gonna sound weird and sad but has anyone played Grand Theft Auto 4? :)
There are buses in it and bus interchanges and bus stops scattered around and well, being a bus enthusiast, I've created a bus network of routes that I play in it sometimes :P wondered if anyone else had thought about doing this or actually done it if you have the game, as I find it quite fun to do. I've had to "invent" my own bus stops in certain places but I think I've created quite a cool network as something to do when I'm bored.
Obviously you can't actually pick up passengers etc. but it's fun regardless just "imagining" you're driving a bus along a route.

Sh4318

Yeah, I tried to re-invent the old Pendeford circulars (506/A/507/A) around Algonquin and Dukes/Broker, it turned out to be so long, it was more like the Outer Circle
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JB93

I've got an Alderney Circular and a Middle Park/Star Junction Circular :) Think I have like 27 routes in total

SMK

IIRC didn't we have a thread like this previously?
It may have been lost though.
I don't own GTA4 but I used to have various routes on the PS2-era GTAs.
I liked how you could pick up and drop people off at bus stops in GTA Vice City.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

JB93

I'm not sure, I've never seen a thread like this. :)
And that would be cool, the only problem is you can't actually pick up and drop off passengers. And because the bus stops are all over the shop I've had to "invent" my own where I think they're needed haha.
You should get it, its much better doing it with the Xbox 360 graphics :) I've been trying to make a route network on it for years, I could only stretch myself to 15 routes previously but after a bit of tinkering I've got it to 27.

Sh4318

Quote from: JB93 on March 14, 2013, 03:35:34 PM
I've got an Alderney Circular and a Middle Park/Star Junction Circular :) Think I have like 27 routes in total

I even tried to re-create the 2 and 3/A.
2 - Fishmarket South to Star Junction
3 - Fishmarket South to Alderney City
3A - Fishmarket South to Alderney City, Bus Station

I did the same with GTA III, tried with Vice City, but didn't favour the coach

SMK

Quote from: JB93 on March 14, 2013, 04:20:54 PM
And that would be cool, the only problem is you can't actually pick up and drop off passengers. And because the bus stops are all over the shop I've had to "invent" my own where I think they're needed haha.
You should get it, its much better doing it with the Xbox 360 graphics :) I've been trying to make a route network on it for years, I could only stretch myself to 15 routes previously but after a bit of tinkering I've got it to 27.
I may get it eventually when I have some spare cash to buy a PS3 or 360, though I'm not much of a gamer these days.

Btw I've heard that that you only ever see buses driving around during missions and outside of that you only find them parked up around Star Junction and maybe the Broker bus station (in Chinatown Wars that's where you're guaranteed to find them, not sure about GTA4)?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Sh4318

Quote from: SMK on March 14, 2013, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: JB93 on March 14, 2013, 04:20:54 PM
I may get it eventually when I have some spare cash to buy a PS3 or 360, though I'm not much of a gamer these days.

Btw I've heard that that you only ever see buses driving around during missions and outside of that you only find them parked up around Star Junction and maybe the Broker bus station (in Chinatown Wars that's where you're guaranteed to find them, not sure about GTA4)?

Buses can be found parked up in and around Star Junction, Fishmarket South and Broker Bus Station. Yeah, unfortunately you can only see buses driving around in missions and cutscenes. They were going to implement a bus based mission similar to the one in Vice City, but this was dropped at the last minute

JB93

Yeah its a shame, it'd be a lot more realistic if there were other buses driving around.  :) I can post a list of all the routes I've managed to make if anyone's interested on here.

Sh4318

Quote from: JB93 on March 14, 2013, 11:52:29 PM
I can post a list of all the routes I've managed to make if anyone's interested on here.

Yeah, that'd be cool. I'll try and remember some of mine and post them  :)

SMK

Yeah its a shame, it'd be a lot more realistic if there were other buses driving around.
Hopefully they'll address that in GTA V.

Kevin

Quote from: SMK on March 15, 2013, 02:09:07 AM
Yeah its a shame, it'd be a lot more realistic if there were other buses driving around.

Not convinced they'd even imagine the need to do that
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

I did find this website a while back where people have made up routes for GTA4. Don't know if it is of any help

http://libertytransitauthority.wordpress.com/consolidated-old-files/current-routes-charters/

SMK

Quote from: Kevin on March 15, 2013, 07:54:30 AM
Quote from: SMK on March 15, 2013, 02:09:07 AM

Not convinced they'd even imagine the need to do that

Well if they can have other commercial vehicles driving around surely they could have buses driving around too.
I'm not expecting them to be driving around on a certain route, just randomly.
Anyway, they did it on the PS2-era ones.

Sh4318

Quote from: John on March 15, 2013, 01:07:18 PM
I did find this website a while back where people have made up routes for GTA4. Don't know if it is of any help

http://libertytransitauthority.wordpress.com/consolidated-old-files/current-routes-charters/

I think it's time to blow the dust off my GTA IV case  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk