News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Preston Bus Tridents at Cannock

Started by 888DUK, March 08, 2013, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Quote from: arrifirststage on March 10, 2013, 10:40:22 AM
I must admit to being no fan of Diamond but thank God they are no TrentBarton.
I cannot believe I can be the only person to loathe the black livery.........looks like a fleet of hearses,choose ONE livery (almost anything other than black) and stick with it.
From an operational point of view,could it be that Diamond would be better off consolidating in North Worcestershire and gradually withdrawing from Birmingham,Wolverhampton and Walsall.Surely,now Arriva have appeared on the scene it will be even more difficult to compete in these areas.
I could imagine a Diamond Bus Company with a compact area of Dudley,Stourbridge Kidderminster,Redditch etc being a more marketable and viable proposition than the present "try to serve everywhere" approach.
Now arriva are on the scene? Is that a joke? If NXWM haven't pushed them off the 4,56 corridor,16,50 etc.If a monopoly operator can't kick off them, then how on earth a bus operator with a few Walsall services, and midland buyer, most of which is subsided, gonna do it? 

Ash

Quote from: StourportSam on March 10, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Quote from: bewminster on March 10, 2013, 12:04:30 PM
people from Kidderminster  would love a direct service to Birmingham. and limited evening an sunday services   

Yes please!

Wouldn't people prefer to catch the train I'm guessing it would be quicker, i don't live in Kidderminster so wouldn't know.

Quote from: arrifirststage on March 10, 2013, 10:40:22 AM
I must admit to being no fan of Diamond but thank God they are no TrentBarton.
I cannot believe I can be the only person to loathe the black livery.........looks like a fleet of hearses,choose ONE livery (almost anything other than black) and stick with it.
From an operational point of view,could it be that Diamond would be better off consolidating in North Worcestershire and gradually withdrawing from Birmingham,Wolverhampton and Walsall.Surely,now Arriva have appeared on the scene it will be even more difficult to compete in these areas.
I could imagine a Diamond Bus Company with a compact area of Dudley,Stourbridge Kidderminster,Redditch etc being a more marketable and viable proposition than the present "try to serve everywhere" approach.

Diamond are not going to leave Walsall especially as the 4 and 301 operate there two key services for black diamond probably the two of the busiest services in red/black/blue diamond. Don't forget services like the 401E/4/40/42/43 to name a few have been operated by diamond predecessors for around 15-20 years and in some cases even more. 

richie

Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 01:48:06 AM
Quote from: Winston on March 10, 2013, 12:31:40 AM
Quote from: Discodave on March 09, 2013, 08:28:29 PM
I agree but diamond have just stopped caring hope they do not go as well.

They also appear to have stopped trying as well....

I agree partially with these comments and agree that certain aspects of the services/businesses need to change.

For example if diamond are offering cheaper return tickets compared to NXWM on the 4/4H/4M/16/40/50/301/401E and on the 226 not sure how much Hansons return is but I would be shouting about them, simple marketing advertise the return tickets on the bus as most services seem to see the same buses on each day. It's taking enough time but create one brand if it's diamond in the blue livery then stick by it but it has taken them several years to decide which colour to go for. Newer buses are being brought in gradually but large full sized darts are getting replaced with solo's and MPD's which is Ok for centro funded services but not for the 4 and 301. In terms of politeness I have found diamond drivers generally quite pleasant although like every company there's the ones that don't know what thank you is or any amenities of which the service goes past i.e schools, places of interest, hospitals etc. I was a big fan of the brands created nifty fifty, black country connection and shame most have now gone but I doubt even before Mr Dunn started Yourbus that we would have ended up with a diamond looking like trent barton.

Hanson's 226 returns £2.20 and diamond is £2.50 neither advertise the fact, Hanson's used to. I have once bought a Hanson's return ticket and was great I once bought the diamond equivalent and the red wreck drove past me 10 mins early on an evening sponsored journey hence an expensive single journey 8 mins up the road.

Ash

At £2.20 surely not that much profit can be made out of the return ticket especially as its around an hour from Dudley to Merry Hill on the 226. With the same 4 darts on the diamond 226 daily and some needed for the evening service they must be getting some high mileage on them.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 06:02:18 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on March 10, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Quote from: bewminster on March 10, 2013, 12:04:30 PM
people from Kidderminster  would love a direct service to Birmingham. and limited evening an sunday services   

Yes please!

Wouldn't people prefer to catch the train I'm guessing it would be quicker, i don't live in Kidderminster so wouldn't know.

the train is quicker if you want to go to the city centre,  but if you want  to get anywhere along the A456  hagley onwards like there is only the bus.     and also if  you do not live near Kidderminster rail station you have to get the bus to the station.
i  would rather go by bus anytime than train 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 06:02:18 PM

Yes I would say the train is more comfortable, punctual, a lot quicker, etc. etc. I was referring to Sunday and evening services which in my view are needed in Wyre Forest, as before 2011 cuts.

The 192 used to run to Birmingham but was withdrawn and now is operated by Whittle from Stourport to Halesowen via Kidderminster and Hagley. Perhaps when it ran to Birmingham it was a loss maker??

I don't live in Kidderminster either but in Stourport which doesn't even have trains!

Ash

I think the problem i'm guessing was that the Halesowen to Birmingham section was covered by the 9 and guess that due to competing with NXWM very little custom came to the 192. It's going to take a while for diamond to settle in but I would think changes will occur and you never know a service like this may be introduced.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 07:03:57 PM
I think the problem i'm guessing was that the Halesowen to Birmingham section was covered by the 9 and guess that due to competing with NXWM very little custom came to the 192. It's going to take a while for diamond to settle in but I would think changes will occur and you never know a service like this may be introduced.
when the 192  ran through to Birmingham fair enough  at certain parts of the day the was not much  custom,  but there where
people from the wyre forest  area  that got on an off at bearwood,  five ways and various or places  along the hagley road
and  people used to get on and off at these  stops  in or out of the city if the 192 got there before a 9
diamond 8\10/125/292

bususer12

Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 06:13:57 PM
At £2.20 surely not that much profit can be made out of the return ticket especially as its around an hour from Dudley to Merry Hill on the 226. With the same 4 darts on the diamond 226 daily and some needed for the evening service they must be getting some high mileage on them.

Probably four of the worst buses in the fleet, with bodged interior repairs consisting of filler, glue,masking tape on the roof, missing grab bars on the 2 02 plates, and metal plates covering any broken bit of the ceiling, I'd say due for withdrawal soon, by any decent companies standards

Ash

Quote from: bususer12 on March 10, 2013, 10:54:12 PM
Quote from: Ash on March 10, 2013, 06:13:57 PM

Probably four of the worst buses in the fleet, with bodged interior repairs consisting of filler, glue,masking tape on the roof, missing grab bars on the 2 02 plates, and metal plates covering any broken bit of the ceiling, I'd say due for withdrawal soon, by any decent companies standards

There's two midi 05 reg darts parked up at Tividale and quite a few V reg darts ex touchwood connection not sure the state of which these buses are on but surely some could be used to replace the darts that are in a bad condition like the ones on the 226.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk