News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cov Outer Circle

Started by Kevin, March 07, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I've seen mention in passing somewhere on here about an Outer circle in Coventry. Is this an actual plan? I imagine it would involve the 701/801/etc...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on March 07, 2013, 11:08:08 PM
I've seen mention in passing somewhere on here about an Outer circle in Coventry. Is this an actual plan? I imagine it would involve the 701/801/etc...

Kevin,

It is an actual plan, as for where the info is posted I can't remember, but there is a one liner in the thread below confirming its happening

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1425.0

John

just found this picture, shows that NXC could have run an outer circle as 22a/c before the network review, but never materialised.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/8536782397/

Kevin

Nice one, cheers
Noticed the last time I was in Cov that DeC were using relatively new looking buses on the 801, definitely makes a change from the B6's I remember when NXC were running it

Valandil

If you're looking for a reputable source about the 'outer circle' service, see:
http://www.centro.org.uk/newsroom/PressReleases/PressRelease43575.aspx

The most relevant quote is:
"Next year, the Number 801 will be linked to existing services in Coundon, Holbrooks and Bell Green to provide a complete bus route around the edge of the city which will enable better links to University Hospital as well as important local amenities such as shops, schools and sports centres."

JoNi

Obtained new timetable leaflet for 360 at University Hospital (month in advance-full marks MdC)

Timetable header is
University Hospital-Clifford Bridge Road-Willenhall-Jaguar Land Rover-Cheylesmore-Cannon Park-University of Warwick-Eastern Green-Arena Tesco-University Hospital. It operates between Arena and Hospital via Sewell Highway and Wyken.
Route 703 remains operating between Arena and Hospital via Aldermans Green, Wood End and Potters Green, every 30 minutes
It no longer serves Walsgrave Business Park

Route 360 takes 2.5 hours to go round during daytimes and 2 hours during evenings and Sundays.
Daytime frequency every 30 minutes daytime, hourly evenings and Sundays. North west quadrant has evening/Sunday service unlike 701.
Jaguar works is not served during evenings and Sundays.
One journey in each peak is diverted to serve Cardinal Newman school missing out Halford Lane.

Timetable leaflet has map together with image of bus 545 with 22 route branding.

Kevin

So its every half hour all the way round then? Makes much more sense than leaving the uni - allesley park section as hourly

JoNi

Yes it half hourly all the way round during daytime. Not all journeys are complete circles in the evening. 
Clockwise 06:15 every 30 minutes until 17:45 from University Hospital.
Last full clockwise departs University Hospital at 20:15 getting back to University Hospital at 22:15 continuing to Cannon Park shops at 22:55
Two clockwise journeys start at Broad Lane.

Anti Clockwise 06:50 every 30 minutes until 17:50 from University Hospital.
Last full clockwise departs University Hospital 20:55 getting back to University Hospital at 22:50.

Sundays from University Hospital
Clockwise 10:55 hourly until 19:55 arriving back at 21:50
Anti Clockwise 12:15 until 20:15 arriving back at 22:10.
There are a few later journeys only running between University Hospital and Warwick University.

The daytime service needs 10 buses and the evening/Sunday service needs 4 buses. The route avoids a low bridge by operating via Tile Hill Station so it could be possible to have double deckers on the route.

Valandil

Brilliant: thanks for all the info!
If you're able to say, where did you get hold of the timetable? -- I asked at the information desk in Pool Meadow only a few days ago, and the staff seemed to have heard nothing of this service!

JoNi

They were on the rotating racks in entrance foyer of University Hospital below the Real Time Information screen. There were plenty when I picked up mine on Wednesday.

JPC

9th June bus timetable for service 360A and 360C is now available here:

9th June bus timetable for service 703 is now available here:

JoNi

Route numbers 360A and 360C have started to appear on bus stops in a piecemeal basis as area timetable panels.

Kevin

Yeah saw some around Tile Hill area at the weekend

ilovetea4370

According to the Birmingham Updates page, this route has taken the title of "Europe's Longest Bus Route" From the 11A/11C :(

Valandil

Surely there must be longer?

What about Stagecoach's X4?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk