News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

About time there was some competition in Cannock??

Started by Bob, February 27, 2013, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Must admit Id like NX to take over Cannock, but would that mean, if they closed Cannock & run operations from Walsall(68 & 70 from Wolves I guess!), would they keep routes terminating in Cannock, or would there be an increase in routes continuing to & from Walsall.

Personally Id like to see them back down Somerfield Rd in Leamore, as Arriva's always late!

Discodave

Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2013, 07:38:40 PM
Bob, maybe you and Dave could start your own bus company?  ::)

Bus driving is a thankless job I would only get behind the wheel of a bus if I could get £1000 a week running a company no chance just rather watch others fail thanks.

arrivaaston

Only thing if nxwm took over, if its anything like the 301/302/529 you'll have about d or 6 buses turn up together!! As for the somerfield road.... Have u never clocked the traffic from the junction by nisa in leamore and the 4 crosses round about! When I used to drive my car down there I always got stuck no matter what the time of the day was

Bob

Lol  so seriously then does anyone think Arriva might be planning to flog their Cannock operation?

arrivaaston

Bob

I could, look at how they get the crap of the fleet and they dont bother re furbing anything or maintaining ?

Bob

I can see some cuts probably coming on some services as well, the 25/26 at the freq their at cant be making money?

Bob

If nxwm took over i couldnt see em increasing walsall routes but they might absorb some in to others, like get rid of 25/6 and run walsall to hednesford. Thatd actually make sense if arriva did it

sconehead85

bob-I have mentioned this as well- Arriva purchased and acquired a VAST number of Dennis Dart SLF/MPDs in the run up to 2000, and would need to order 500 single decks alone just to remove those not from the Transbus era. I see no sign of such an order.  Arriva TGM still have some work to do replacing step-entry double decks and the dozen or so s/e single decks as well.

Until such an order materialises, Arriva are stuck.

sconehead85

Bob

Quote from: Westy on March 01, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
Must admit Id like NX to take over Cannock, but would that mean, if they closed Cannock & run operations from Walsall(68 & 70 from Wolves I guess!), would they keep routes terminating in Cannock, or would there be an increase in routes continuing to & from Walsall.

Personally Id like to see them back down Somerfield Rd in Leamore, as Arriva's always late!

Id love to see them take over as well!!

Dylan4579

Quote from: bob on March 01, 2013, 01:34:22 PM
Lol  so seriously then does anyone think Arriva might be planning to flog their Cannock operation?
ARRIVA (the idots that put on a four carrige train peak time when there max is 11) have made a dog's dinner of cannock and with the figures shown last post there is a 75% chance cannock will be sold, or fall apart by itself.

CRP2012

Quote from: dgss1 on March 01, 2013, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: bob on March 01, 2013, 01:34:22 PM
ARRIVA (the idots that put on a four carrige train peak time when there max is 11) have made a dog's dinner of cannock and with the figures shown last post there is a 75% chance cannock will be sold, or fall apart by itself.

if its that bad then they wont be able to sell it on,wonder what would happen if arriva withdrew all services without selling & cannock`s left without a bus service,it might happen if arriva want rid but carnt sell it

Dylan4579

Quote from: CRP2012 on March 01, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

if its that bad then they wont be able to sell it on,wonder what would happen if arriva withdrew all services without selling & cannock`s left without a bus service,it might happen if arriva want rid but carnt sell it
Impossible. In this case it isn't two letters two long. I'm no lawyer but I dont think that arriva can just do that. Plus they shoudnt risk making bob angrier.

andy

I have never heard so much cobblers in my life.....

Westy

Quote from: arrivaaston on March 01, 2013, 12:50:41 PM
Only thing if nxwm took over, if its anything like the 301/302/529 you'll have about d or 6 buses turn up together!! As for the somerfield road.... Have u never clocked the traffic from the junction by nisa in leamore and the 4 crosses round about! When I used to drive my car down there I always got stuck no matter what the time of the day was

I do. I live by there!

Why don't they turn right at KFC, coming from Bloxwich, along the other Leamore Lane & go into Walsall via Beechdale instead?

(Would also give a route from Somerfield Road area to the retail park at Reedswood. Would certainly assist my old mum, as she has to catch a bus to Walsall then a Beechdale back out, yet we only live 20 minutes walk as the crow flies!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk