News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

About time there was some competition in Cannock??

Started by Bob, February 27, 2013, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: dgss1 on March 01, 2013, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: bob on March 01, 2013, 01:34:22 PM
Lol  so seriously then does anyone think Arriva might be planning to flog their Cannock operation?
ARRIVA (the idots that put on a four carrige train peak time when there max is 11) have made a dog's dinner of cannock and with the figures shown last post there is a 75% chance cannock will be sold, or fall apart by itself.

What figures? Group or Midlands/Cannock ones??

sconehead85

Facts have to be faced - either Arriva monopoly or NXWM monopoly.  No point in two bald men fighting over a comb, which is what I liken bus wars to.

sconehead85

Bob

Id much rather a Nxwm monopoly to be fair. Their buses arent perfect and yes theyve got sheds as well but the ratio of sheds to decent is lower at most garages. Cannocks is about 75%. One of the route 1 buses was in front of me today with the front door draught excluders literally hanging off, almost to the road!

Dylan4579

Quote from: dgss1 on February 28, 2013, 08:02:34 PM
No you don't, you think Cannock could have as much transport routes and competing, but Cannock is a small town of 65,022,with 27.7% of the populationwithout cars which means approximately 16,255 people using buses so with that small figure getting smaller, it's unlikely that Cannock (sadly) won't have a good bus network,but with profits so low chances are Arriva will sell it.
Theese figures

Bob

arrivaaston

Downfall with that is it would make it even longer, itas already 35 mins on the 1 and 45 on the 2/2A without it being longer, would make more sense if nxwm did some alterations to the 70, they could have the 70A serving the Beechdale and Dudley Fields and the 70 could come from Bloxwich down to KFC turn right as u said

Bob

Will be interesting to see if & when they do sell it & who to cos they sure dont give s##t about it

arrivaaston

Imagine travel express or banga travel taking over..... Now that I would love to see

Westy

Quote from: arrivaaston on March 02, 2013, 02:57:49 PM
Downfall with that is it would make it even longer, itas already 35 mins on the 1 and 45 on the 2/2A without it being longer, would make more sense if nxwm did some alterations to the 70, they could have the 70A serving the Beechdale and Dudley Fields and the 70 could come from Bloxwich down to KFC turn right as u said

Thats better, but make it 70a via Kfc instead, as I bet they still would not operate evening & Sunday past Kfc.

sconehead85

Dream on folks.  Small operators are going down like flies  -its either Arriva, NXWM or Rotala.

I have to remind you again about Premiere in a BIG CITY.

sconehead85

Discodave

But could Rotala do any better I doubt it they still have Darts for most of the fleet and you hate them Bob not all of them have the newer type cummins engine.

Bob

Well if Arriva dont want it itll be nx or rotala then eh...

Bob

Went on 2 Diamond Darts yesterday Dave, an old interiored S reg & a refurbed W reg, although they arent my favourite bus the older one had faded seats but werent threadbare like Cannocks and the refurbed had a smart interior. Neither sounded mechanically s#####d or rattled banged and gad screeching brakes like most of Cannocks..

Discodave

Quote from: bob on March 02, 2013, 07:13:53 PM
Well if Arriva dont want it itll be nx or rotala then eh...

Nx will not be intrested even though they were there in the past and if they were you would not get a daysaver for £3.90 in staffordshire I could not see NX allowing you to pay £3.90 for a full days travel from staffordshire across into warwickshire taking all NXWM and Coventry buses into account the price would go to Arriva rates espically as people pay them prices.  They would not cut all the fares to match WM area as you would hope.  To quote from a past post NXWM are a business not a charity.

Discodave

Quote from: bob on March 02, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
Went on 2 Diamond Darts yesterday Dave, an old interiored S reg & a refurbed W reg, although they arent my favourite bus the older one had faded seats but werent threadbare like Cannocks and the refurbed had a smart interior. Neither sounded mechanically s#####d or rattled banged and gad screeching brakes like most of Cannocks..

Trust me Bob worked there you must have been lucky as most are knackered yes internally they are better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk