News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

4885/6/7/8/9/90 all in service seen at pool meadow today..... also 2155/6/7/8   AND 2165 (on the 5e).  Also 2167 and 2169.... :o!  with 2173 on the foleshill Rd.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

John

Quote from: windy miller on June 04, 2013, 09:28:58 PM
4885/6/7/8/9/90 all in service seen at pool meadow today..... also 2155/6/7/8   AND 2165 (on the 5e).  Also 2167 and 2169.... :o!  with 2173 on the foleshill Rd.

2171 and 2172 also out on Foleshill Road

windy miller

Thanks John.  I guessed they may have been but I didn't stop long... I think the foleshill Rd services may have a 2hr circuit.?.. Do the foleshill Rd services go through to Nuneaton?... I heard that the bus takes over an hour from Cov to Nuneaton is that right? :-\

winston

Quote from: John on June 04, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Valandil on June 04, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
Here's an 8(a) branded Enviro in service today:
http://tinyurl.com/newenviro400

It was 4890
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8951183661/

I quite like the branding style that has been adopted by NX, so of the earlier attempts were pretty naff, but the latest attempts are pretty smart. NX just seem a bit limited on what colours go well with NXWM red particularly 

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on June 04, 2013, 09:48:18 PM
Quote from: John on June 04, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Valandil on June 04, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
Here's an 8(a) branded Enviro in service today:
http://tinyurl.com/newenviro400

It was 4890
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8951183661/

I quite like the branding style that has been adopted by NX, so of the earlier attempts were pretty naff, but the latest attempts are pretty smart. NX just seem a bit limited on what colours go well with NXWM red particularly

I think cream would be a good colour against NXWM red

John

It does seem like in Coventry, that the new buses are all over the place at the minute. New Enviro400s on the 9, 13, 11, 12, plus alongside other Enviro400s on the 21 and the Volvos on the 5 and 10, as well as their intended routes.

They should start to settle down onto their intended routes when all are in service and are branded for their respective routes.

John

Quote from: windy miller on June 04, 2013, 09:43:56 PM
Thanks John.  I guessed they may have been but I didn't stop long... I think the foleshill Rd services may have a 2hr circuit.?.. Do the foleshill Rd services go through to Nuneaton?... I heard that the bus takes over an hour from Cov to Nuneaton is that right? :-\

No, not the NX services, only Stagecoach 48 goes to Nuneaton.

20 to Bedworth, not far from Nuneaton and the 20A to Bell Green

Valandil

Quote from: windy miller on June 04, 2013, 09:43:56 PM

It's definitely possible to find a bus which takes over an hour to do Coventry - Nuneaton.
Check out the 55 which goes around Keresley (one per hour), taking an hour and ten minutes for the full journey.

windy miller

valandil... thanks for the info but I would be looking for the Shortest time..I'm wondering if the 20 calls at Bedworth rail station?...and could I catch it at pool meadow? :-\
(the bus I mean not the train :))     ps I cant get any info on a stagecoach '20' service.. And I can't see any google earth Bus stops anywhere near Bedworth rail station?..(King street)? maybe they all use a ring and ride service...............

Valandil

Oh right!
Erm, sorry about that then.

For general quickness and accessibility, Stagecoach's 48 is the best to travel from Coventry to Nuneaton.

The service is every 10 minutes and the journey takes 45 minutes.

The confusing thing is that the 48 will most likely be displaying 'Atherstone' or 'Leicester'.
If you see a bus with 'Nuneaton' on the front (a 55 or 56) then it will get you there, but using a much more convoluted (though more interesting) route.

The 20 is run by National Express Coventry and goes near to Bedworth train station, but not quite to it.
The timetable is here:
It runs every 10 minutes during the day.
Don't catch the 20a or 20e though, as you won't end up in Bedworth! :D

Your best bet is to get off at Bedworth town centre (the bus stop is next to a huge Iceland) and follow http://goo.gl/maps/0u7Cy
This isn't the quickest way to get there, but it's probably for the best than advising you to get off at an obscure stop and giving an even more obscure route to the station!

All of the above can be caught in Trinity Street Coventry.

pb2012

There's still some Coventry b7rle' stored at hartshornes willenhall.

paulb1973

Quote from: Valandil on June 05, 2013, 08:11:03 PM
Oh right!
Erm, sorry about that then.

For general quickness and accessibility, Stagecoach's 48 is the best to travel from Coventry to Nuneaton.

The service is every 10 minutes and the journey takes 45 minutes.

The confusing thing is that the 48 will most likely be displaying 'Atherstone' or 'Leicester'.
If you see a bus with 'Nuneaton' on the front (a 55 or 56) then it will get you there, but using a much more convoluted (though more interesting) route.

The 20 is run by National Express Coventry and goes near to Bedworth train station, but not quite to it.
The timetable is here:
It runs every 10 minutes during the day.
Don't catch the 20a or 20e though, as you won't end up in Bedworth! :D

Your best bet is to get off at Bedworth town centre (the bus stop is next to a huge Iceland) and follow http://goo.gl/maps/0u7Cy
This isn't the quickest way to get there, but it's probably for the best than advising you to get off at an obscure stop and giving an even more obscure route to the station!

All of the above can be caught in Trinity Street Coventry.

The 20A was numbered 40 until Feb 2012, matching other Foleshill Rd services ending in '0' - looked and sounded better if you ask me and avoided any potential confusion.

Solo1

Quote from: pb2012 on June 05, 2013, 08:20:14 PM
There's still some Coventry b7rle' stored at hartshornes willenhall.
how many of the B&RLE' are stil stored at hartshorne & i take it they will all be here for 9 june when tjhe coventry changes happen

windy miller

Thanks for the info Verandil....There is a Decker that runs to leicester every hour from pool meadow but I don't think it goes anywhere near bedworth...it Probably takes the London road route out and goes via Hinckley.     

Valandil

Quote from: paulb1973 on June 06, 2013, 12:09:26 AMThe 20A was numbered 40 until Feb 2012, matching other Foleshill Rd services ending in '0' - looked and sounded better if you ask me and avoided any potential confusion.

I agree that they should have different numbers, but wasn't keen on them being so far apart with other numbers in between, e.g. 21, 32, 33, 36.
It would be much better in my opinion if they were just plain old consecutive numbers like 70, 71 and 72.
Though I could understand the 20e being say 70a as it is pretty much just a 'short' 20 which uses the loop to turn around.

By the way, not that many people seem to get on around the Oban Road area on the 20e in my experience.
Wouldn't it have been feasible to run one of these journeys per hour (or half hour) straight up Foleshill and on to Hawkesbury, to avoid all of the negative press involved and eventual removal of a service to the city centre: I'm sure they'd get at least an equal number of passengers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk