News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

It looks like the 9/9A will be branded in red according to this pic on the NXC facebook page

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/10091_656896987659110_1851912035_n.jpg

Andrew1991

winston

Quote from: John on April 16, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
It looks like the 9/9A will be branded in red according to this pic on the NXC facebook page

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/10091_656896987659110_1851912035_n.jpg

I don't know why NX don't specify the Wright bodied B7RLE's that are to be branded without the chrome grilles to allow more room for fleetnames / branding as other operators have

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Winston on April 16, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
Quote from: John on April 16, 2013, 02:54:10 PM

I don't know why NX don't specify the Wright bodied B7RLE's that are to be branded without the chrome grilles to allow more room for fleetnames / branding as other operators have

And I think they look better without the grille, which is only going to end up being painted over, falling off, making the bus look needlessly scruffy

don

I think that branding's excellent - as you say, looks like the bus is smiling.

Not sure about this Stivichall competition though - great idea by NXC to involve the community in this - but the whole principle of changing the spelling rather smacks of Hyacinth Bucket (sorry - Bouquet  ;D ) - a reflection on the community - not NXC who have done a great job obtaining publicity for the new investment - full marks!

Are these 8 going to replace Mercs?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

JackC

Interesting how they decided to put 2040 as the fleet number on that picture rather than something that is actually going to CV  ::)

Eric Shaw

I was on Diamond  route 82 in Coventry Bus Station at 1.10pm, when 2155, 2157 and 2156, in that order came through and headed for the garage. They were running on trade plates. I don't know if any more followed as we then moved off en route to Solihull.

John

Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 11:15:21 PM
Interesting how they decided to put 2040 as the fleet number on that picture rather than something that is actually going to CV  ::)

My thoughts too. I guess they have used an actual picture of Dundee 2040 and photoshopped it into Coventry blue. That picture with the branding might have been made before one of the Coventry Batch was completed. 

winston

Quote from: John on April 19, 2013, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 11:15:21 PM

My thoughts too. I guess they have used an actual picture of Dundee 2040 and photoshopped it into Coventry blue. That picture with the branding might have been made before one of the Coventry Batch was completed.

It looks as though the photo of 2040 is in Dock St depot, Dundee. Its normally the other way around, as Dundee's publicity is done in B'ham so Dundee normally have NXWM buses on its timetables/publicity

John

Quote from: Winston on April 19, 2013, 11:02:46 PM
It looks as though the photo of 2040 is in Dock St depot, Dundee. Its normally the other way around, as Dundee's publicity is done in B'ham so Dundee normally have NXWM buses on its timetables/publicity

Kind of related to this, the 2003 94 timetable that was recently on ebay had a picture of 'ST02 MZN' edited to look like it was wearing 94 branding, as on the 447* Tridents. The Dundee route branding was still visible on the side.

JoNi

It amuses me that National Express are seen as positive when it uses the local media to find out the name of a suburb in it's own city, but is incapable of using it to proactively way to encourage bus travel. The bus may look happy but what I want as a customer is a reliable service supplied by motivated staff led by visionary individuals who are committed to transforming bus travel in the city. 2153 has a pleasant interior but these new buses wear the insipid livery spawned when Conservatives ran the council for a short period of time together with ghastly grey interiors. Shiny new buses they may be but it will be the same shoddy service where customers come last!

PaddyGraham

Could anyone tell me when 2155 to 2177 are due in service at Coventry.cheers Paddy

Trident 4609

Quote from: PaddyGraham on April 23, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Could anyone tell me when 2155 to 2177 are due in service at Coventry.cheers Paddy

Looking at the photo (Link on the message above yours) they are already at Coventry garage awaiting service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk