News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Staff Bus for the NXWM drivers

Started by horsencart, February 09, 2013, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

Now  to be honest I did think that the Staff Bus had died with the likes of B.C.T. to my surprise I have recently seen two Staff Buses,  now I must get this as a photo to add to my collection 

Discodave

they are still about used regular fo WA drivers see a driver who lives near to me get picked up when on an early shift and I am going home.

wbdriver

still have at WB. normally a dart. runs from about 4 in the morning to 7, then on the night 23.30 to about 01.30 in the morning.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Tony

Most garages still have them, I had to use Walsall's a couple of weeks ago for the 4am start to help with service out in the snow.

There are at least two out most mornings, 244 is one regular. The training school minibuses have also been used at times although it was all B6s the two days I used them recently

Quote from: horsencart on February 09, 2013, 05:44:42 PM
Now  to be honest I did think that the Staff Bus had died with the likes of B.C.T. to my surprise I have recently seen two Staff Buses,  now I must get this as a photo to add to my collection
WN run a staff bus but probably not easy to get a pic as they don't run to a sceduled route and they start about 23.30 and finish about 06.00, not sure bout other garages but I would think best place to catch one is to stand outside a garage and wait!!!

Good luck with that one and if success is achieved..please share it with us!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

vinh1000

I always see the Birmingham Central ones driving around where I live too in the morning :D
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

richie

Pensnett run 3 in the am and one 18:30 until 02:30 and all day on Sunday.

Kevin

Saw one a few months ago at tower hill at o christ hundred hours in the morning while walking home from town, it was either an eclipse or one of the new b7s didn't have the brain power at that time in the morning to work out which or see a fleetnumber
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Trident 4609 on February 10, 2013, 06:00:35 PM
Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 09, 2013, 08:43:57 PM
Quote from: horsencart on February 09, 2013, 05:44:42 PM
WN run a staff bus but probably not easy to get a pic as they don't run to a sceduled route and they start about 23.30 and finish about 06.00, not sure bout other garages but I would think best place to catch one is to stand outside a garage and wait!!!

Good luck with that one and if success is achieved..please share it with us!

saw a WN staff bus last week. It was an optare solo (Think it was 281)
Solo's are usually used but ocasionally you get an Excell (soon to be used to get  :) ) There has been at least 1 B6 used since their introduction to the fleet also
P.S I often see the Walsall staff bus, I've never seen anything other than a B6 used

Kevin

So, question then, who drives these? I'd presume there would be one shift just to do this and no others?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2013, 06:28:08 PM
So, question then, who drives these? I'd presume there would be one shift just to do this and no others?

Varies between garages, Walsall have a dedicated 'staff bus' rota which will do the staff bus plus another portion to make up a full duty

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2013, 06:28:08 PM
The Drivers do! I can't speak for other garages but WN have 2 shifts. The staff bus covers from about 23.30 - 07.00. The morning shift also has a part service duty incorporated into it (service 28 I believe)
The staff bus also serves all the staff at the garage (cleaners, mechanics etc) not just the drivers

Andrew1991

Where do these buses pick up and drop off, is it along routes or anywhere the staff want  to be dropped off.

Quote from: A1991 on February 10, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Where do these buses pick up and drop off, is it along routes or anywhere the staff want  to be dropped off.
Probably depends how well you know the staff bus driver  ;D
WN have designated pick-up points

Tony

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on February 10, 2013, 06:54:37 PM
Quote from: A1991 on February 10, 2013, 06:48:31 PM
Probably depends how well you know the staff bus driver  ;D
WN have designated pick-up points

At Walsall all staff put a request where they want to be picked up and at what time and a schedule and route is worked out the day before to be as close to the drivers' requests as possible

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk