News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Unusual Workings

Started by fleetline6477, February 02, 2013, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I was in kidderminster and stourport today and I saw the centro parked up and it looked to be an ex nifty fifty one. I was really disappointed today i boarded two number 4 buses today one being a 4H and no driver even had an idea about the £6 diamond network ticket and that played with their ticket machines for about 5 minutes and in the end tried to sell me a £6 n network ticket which i repeatedly said was not the ticket I was after. I even tried to help the driver find the ticket under the diamond network tab all that could be seen was a 50% of Evesham travel ticket. So it cost me a load more on the train to get to Kidderminster and then Stourport not happy with this as the drivers are not aware of the tickets available, before I go further I'm sure these tickets are available to buy on the bus.

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2013, 07:08:04 PM
I was in kidderminster and stourport today and I saw the centro parked up and it looked to be an ex nifty fifty one. I was really disappointed today i boarded two number 4 buses today one being a 4H and no driver even had an idea about the £6 diamond network ticket and that played with their ticket machines for about 5 minutes and in the end tried to sell me a £6 n network ticket which i repeatedly said was not the ticket I was after. I even tried to help the driver find the ticket under the diamond network tab all that could be seen was a 50% of Evesham travel ticket. So it cost me a load more on the train to get to Kidderminster and then Stourport not happy with this as the drivers are not aware of the tickets available, before I go further I'm sure these tickets are available to buy on the bus.

Yeah interesting you say that as I always have to show them that as well-you go into a sub menu with white icons and its under there-think its the third button on the left. I showed this one driver and he was like good god you know our tickets/network better than I do. And maybe it was BU08 but a BX one would be more interesting as theyre going back down south. Yeah they are definitely available-though you werent on the 202 were you-I made that mistake before it was posted on the website and had to pay train fares as well.

Ash

I tried to get the ticket on the 4H and the 4 which was a couple of minutes behind that but no look, I asked the driver to go under the diamond network tab but he couldnt find the ticket and tried nearly every other menu and couldn't find it.

PM

Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2013, 08:58:50 PM
I tried to get the ticket on the 4H and the 4 which was a couple of minutes behind that but no look, I asked the driver to go under the diamond network tab but he couldnt find the ticket and tried nearly every other menu and couldn't find it.

That surprises me to be honest as Ive only ever had problems getting one on the 202 and once on the 002 where I had to sort of show the driver and explain what it was to him :P It should be there next to where it says redditch and kidderminster-think thats below it as theres a separate menu for those areas

StourportSam

I also forgot to mention I saw MX55 NWL (I think) on the 133 in Kidder bus stn last Friday. Seemed too big for that route when one considers the fact that Kidderminster now appears dominated by MPDs and small solos on busy routes. The V reg bath darts are in service, most still having Royal Bath branding. R503 CNP has also moved position in kidderminster depot to be next to the other withdrawn buses so presumably due to for imminent removal.

Ash

I had a ride on 30500 and a solo today was very impressed with the interior and exterior of the buses and the drivers were very pleasant on board. 

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on September 16, 2013, 10:27:45 PM
I also forgot to mention I saw MX55 NWL (I think) on the 133 in Kidder bus stn last Friday. Seemed too big for that route when one considers the fact that Kidderminster now appears dominated by MPDs and small solos on busy routes. The V reg bath darts are in service, most still having Royal Bath branding. R503 CNP has also moved position in kidderminster depot to be next to the other withdrawn buses so presumably due to for imminent removal.
I saw that as well last week and FJ 07 VRY   on same service     the same bus that works the school service 833 works the 133  think it may  still be run by Redditch as  diamond had the tender before they where in Kidderminster and until the schools started back  the vehicle on it always was a red diamond one sometimes a black  or diamond one one the odd day 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2013, 10:33:03 PM
I had a ride on 30500 and a solo today was very impressed with the interior and exterior of the buses and the drivers were very pleasant on board.
did you fine seat a bit hard on 30500  I do.  which routes did you ride them on, the drivers are always very pleasant and  they seam to get to know people who use buses a lot, like with me   having a disability and  getting near being a oap .  they know at some stops  they know that they need to lower the bus a bit  for me 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

I got 30500 on the 3 twice and an '02' reg solo on the 4 I think to Kidderminster train station not sure what route it was though. I agree the driver knew quite a few people on the bus going to Stourport and was a great ride, same with the return journey. The seats are those urban 90 ones so never very comfortable but the bus was spotless and never struggled with speed was very impressed but most importantly all the buses were spot on time. 

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on September 16, 2013, 11:38:24 PM
I got 30500 on the 3 twice and an '02' reg solo on the 4 I think to Kidderminster train station not sure what route it was though. I agree the driver knew quite a few people on the bus going to Stourport and was a great ride, same with the return journey. The seats are those urban 90 ones so never very comfortable but the bus was spotless and never struggled with speed was very impressed but most importantly all the buses were spot on time.
ash 
the diamond buses that run past the Kidderminster train station  are the X3/ 133/10/294/295 and two call in at the train station are 292/303 think  it might have been the 10 you got as it is the most frequent 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

30432 on the 67 today. Usually an mpd dart or solo.

nitromatt1

30940 on 002 today, still no sign of 30808.

PM

30943 on the 40 today-bit big for the route I would say...

20855 on the 4H-would make better sense for these two buses to be vice-versa surely??-ie eclipse on 4H and MPD on 40

nitromatt1

Trident 4609

MPD (Think it was 20605 or 20606) on the 002. Saw on Manor Lane around 12:25-12:30

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk