News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Burton

Started by arrivaaston, January 30, 2013, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Never see any threads about Burton, what do people think of Arriva Burtons Fleet?

Bob

Better than Cannocks lol. I still dont see why the 1 gets to have deckers

arrivaaston

I can't believe 2299 has been scrapped :( that was a decent bus better than MPD's, and Burton can be like cannock lol as we saw on Saturday and MPD on the 7 :o!!

nx4737

Nothing wrong with Burtons fleet in general...

Cue Discodave...

Bob

yea but the sb120s & sb200s are in loads better condition

arrivaaston

I agree Burton have a decent fleet but I'm just not sure an MPD is ideal for the 7, and the sb120's are in better nick than 3 of Cannocks but I think they were refurbed when they came from London and the sb200's are better than cannocks, agreed nakes you wonder why can't cannock refurb their 4 yet burton can do all of theres

Bob

yea not. just the fact they been refurbed tho mate is it? there 52 plate 200s also dont sound no where near as rough as cannocks yet there used on a much more demanding long dist service!

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on January 31, 2013, 04:22:02 AM

Cue Discodave...

Only seen a few of Burtons buses in Lichfield and they were ok thats it as they are looked after I assume.

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on February 01, 2013, 03:07:36 AM

Cue Discodave...

Only seen a few of Burtons buses in Lichfield and they were ok thats it as they are looked after I assume.

They have some Darts, you should hate them...

arrivaaston

They have a couple of T/JJF darts and W/SNR mpds, I think there was a couple that transfered to Arriva Yorkshire

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on February 01, 2013, 08:47:22 PM
Quote from: Discodave on February 01, 2013, 03:07:36 AM

Cue Discodave...

They have some Darts, you should hate them...

Its Bob whom hates them they were once good buses but after years of driving them I hated them they were not put up to long distance routes which Arriva mainly run but you know that Tamworth (your area) have a fleet for the job except the Mercs according to the Tamworth thread.

arrivaaston

have burton still got the 3 V/KDA darts hat were once cannocks?

Discodave

2288 is now at Wednesfield seen that one.

derningtona

I saw three of Burton's deckers today - a "route 1" branded on the 2, another "route 1" branded on the 3 and the unbranded one on the 1. One day last year all three branded were actually on the 1 but it hasn't lasted!
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk