News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Route Allocations/PVRs

Started by mbonwick, December 19, 2012, 05:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynx1103

301 Scania 8
302 B7RLE (4)

335/336 2 Volvo B6L
College 2 Tridnet 4127/4128 B6L 244

Bradford Place

4/4H/4M Scania (21)
311/313 Scania (10) Peak B7RLE (1)
34/38 Volvo B10L (5) Volvo B6L (1)
39 Volvo B10L (4) Volvo B6L (1)

Schools (4)

Dennis Trident/Enviro/Gemini

mbonwick

Quote from: Peter123 on December 29, 2012, 06:48:34 PM
really useful and will be nice to ultimately have all the info in one place.

Thanks, though ultimately I'm just presenting the data in a certain format - sadly I don't know anyone who could provide this information, so I'm relying on the contributers to this forum to help.

Many thanks again for all the help so far everyone!

NXWM Spectra

Would you mind saving and attaching it as a PDF?
I'm having trouble with the Excel file.

mbonwick

Acrobat is playing up, so in the meantime I've saved it as an old-style excel sheet if that helps.

JoNi

This is a PDF with an unofficial PVR for Wheatley Street, Coventry. It is based on observations aligned to vehicles actually allocated. This is up to date to the changes at the end of September at the start of the autumn University term. Revisons were made which reintroduced efficient interworking between routes during peak hours that had been removed at the Coventry Network Review when they largely became insulated from one another. 100% availability of some vehicle types and reliability problems of older buses mean unusual workings appear every weekday. See NXC part of forum. Makes life more interesting, Comments/errors gratefully received, Hope this of use!!

JB93

Bit shocked to see that the 5 (AG) has 8 allocated Gemini's when its not THAT long a route compared to some and only has a frequency of every 20 minutes

ilovetea4370

Quote from: JB93 on January 01, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
Bit shocked to see that the 5 (AG) has 8 allocated Gemini's when its not THAT long a route compared to some and only has a frequency of every 20 minutes

8 Sounds about right to me, don't forget one arrives in Solihull as one is leaving usually so they get about 15 minutes layover in the station, then the overall journey is more than an hour each way, or to be precise is timetabled as 71 minutes each way.

JB93

Yeah I guess that makes sense - but makes it even worse that it gets a 15 minute layover and when I used to catch it a lot in Solihull Town Centre it was really really unreliable. I'd see it go past on the other side to the station and it would turn up half an hour later!!

ilovetea4370

Well its not quite a 15 minute layover, that was just me guessing :P I probably just see them arriving earlier than they should! Just had a proper look at the timetable itself and it would suggest 10 layover minutes in station plus 4 minutes in Birmingham. 71 minutes from Solihull to Birmingham but 75 minutes the other way, add those all up to make a 160 minute round trip, which divided by 20 is 8 so that is actually correct! I'd say you were unlucky in Solihull, its normally the opposite when I'm there, one will be parked up in the station for ages but won't move or let anyone on!

mbonwick

Finally got around to putting the Coventry PVR onto the sheet (its been a busy few weeks!)

As ever, any help with PVRs for the remaining depots is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael

mbonwick

Just a bump for this.

I'm still missing PVRs for Birmingham Central, Bordesley, Perry Barr, Pensnett, Wolverhampton and Yardley Wood.

Any information for these is greatly appreciated and will allow me to hopefully complete the spreadsheet.

Cheers.

nitromatt1

As a month has passed, another bump... a finished version of the above spreadsheets is just what many enthusiasts need when in unfamiliar territory. It's a shame this thread seems to have died down, this could be a valuable resource

Ash

The spreadsheet created for January is incorrect for WB it has the 121 down for 0 vehicles and the 127/128 for 11 double deckers and 2mpd which should be on the one above for the 121.

nitromatt1

I use the most recent one posted by John as it's easier to look at than the version with the PVR's

mbonwick

Quote from: Ash on March 01, 2013, 09:49:35 PM
The spreadsheet created for January is incorrect for WB it has the 121 down for 0 vehicles and the 127/128 for 11 double deckers and 2mpd which should be on the one above for the 121.

Fixed.

As others have said, information to complete the speadsheet would be really appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk