News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Local train line?

Started by Sh4318, December 19, 2012, 10:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Same concept as the Local bus route thread, what's your local train line?

My local station in Smethwick Galton Bridge and my local lines are the Snow Hill Lines, the Walsall - Wolverhampton stopper, the Cambrian line/Holyhead - Birmingham International and Liverpool Lime Street to Birmingham New Street

That's 10tph to Birmingham, not too shabby  :)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Gareth

Local station is Duddeston, but I only use trains for long distance or maybe International, Coventry or Wolverhampton.

danny

Local station Langley green, and sandwell and dudley, local lines the snow hill lines, wolverhampton to walsall via brum, liverpool line and London Wup
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tomjusttom

Stu

Local stations are Acocks Green and Spring Road, but I rarely use local trains unless I'm in the mood to get to my parents quick, as I can get direct trains to Langley Green from either (depending on time of day).

If I'm heading to London to visit my brother, depending on what's on offer I'll get a Chiltern Rail service from Solihull, or a London Midland/Virgin service from New Street.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2012, 07:15:32 PM
Local stations are Acocks Green and Spring Road, but I rarely use local trains.

^ As above.

vinh1000

Local train station Jewellery Quarter but going to work BHM > KNN
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Rob H

As I live in Sheldon the two nearest stations to me are Birmingham International & Solihull
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Discodave

Tonys line living in Bloxwich (chase line)

Lukeee

Witton but i dont often catch local trains, a bit like London Midland dont like to run them

Dylan4579

Smethwick rolfe street but I usally use Galton Bridge to go to london, wales or change at new street

Sh4318

Quote from: dgss1 on February 28, 2013, 05:57:03 PM
Smethwick rolfe street but I usally use Galton Bridge to go to london, wales or change at new street

Rolfe Street is closer to where I live, but has less stopping trains than Galton Bridge, isn't on the Snow Hill Line which I need to use everyday
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

ilovetea4370

I don't really know haha. When I get the train I get the 11C to Kings Norton and get it from there but in terms of mileage I'd say Bournville is the nearest (bring back Hazelwell!).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk