News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Shrewsbury Buses

Started by arrivaaston, December 09, 2012, 05:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Do any optare versas belong here apart from the park and ride ones? I get confused between shresbury and telford lol

tphi12000

Yes they have 8 (2979,2980,2988-2991 2994 , 2996 )others allocated which do operate into telford on the 81 identifiable by not having wrekin  connect branding.
Tony

arrivaaston

I saw a wrekin connect branded 1 in shrewsbury workin the 436 that's y I was confused, and them centros don't look 2 refurbed, they've been resprayed and branded

tphi12000

The 436  is operated by Bridgnorth I believe so would be from the telford allocation
Tony

arrivaaston

I thought Bridgnorth and Wellington garrages closed and all merged at 1 garrage in Telford, its telford that run the 890 Wolverhampton - Bridgnorth isn't it?

tphi12000

No I thought the Bridgnorth outstation was still open buses there are from the telford allocation  . The initial report in the paper said that Wellington and shifnal were closing and going to telford super depot but of coarse the shifnal  had already been closed a while by the time the new depot opened.
Tony

Bob

Have the Centros not been refurbed inside then?

arrivaaston

I saw 3734 and the interior was the same as cannocks 3736

Bob

so theyve hardly been 'refurbished at Derby' then, just a lick of paint and branding lol

arrivaaston

I imagine Derby did the respray but shrewsbury did the branding

tphi12000

3734 3735 were already branded when I saw them

derby depot awaiting delivery.
Tony

nx4737

Quote from: bob on December 09, 2012, 10:48:45 PM
so theyve hardly been 'refurbished at Derby' then, just a lick of paint and branding lol

Well they're not that old, they don't need a refurb yet, especially when there is buses in the fleet in much more need...

Discodave

like most of cannocks fleet or just scrap them

bwsau cymru

Brigdnorth was originally a shrewsbury outstation (which I think was better) and then at some point switched to wellington now of course which is telford. have to say bridgenorth seems to have some odd routes with some long dead milage such as the 142 but seems to work. The 890 is a brigdnorth route and is in fact there only commercial route from the depot. but certainly herd of no plans to close it
campaigning for better transport for all

Discodave

Why close it when they have not long reopened it at the time it was reopened it was for contracts gained fo worcs CC I think the 297 was one off Midland at the time. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk