News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Best places to go in the UK if your a bus spotter

Started by Ashley, December 02, 2012, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

I'm starting this thread out of curiosity as to where you can go in the UK that ticks all or most boxes if your a bus enthusiast i.e scenery and good vehicles choice, if there are other factors then correct me.

One I'm going to put on the table is Gloucestershire, Stagecoach plus a few independents run a pretty good route nwtwork both urban and rural, or basically you get a trident being given some welly down rural A roads and all you see is fields, or Volvo Olympians, whichever you prefer :D

nitromatt1

Something I'd want to know is where the best places for Metrobuses are.

Ashley

MCW Metrobus Tours do trips to operators who still have Metrobuses as school buses, im kicking myself that i didn't find them sooner

nitromatt1

Yeah a friend told me about them. Just remembered about their event in Tamworth next Sunday. Really hope to be able to go to that. Out of those vehicles I'd take either a Metroliner or the Citybus most likely.

http://mcwmetrobustours.blogspot.co.uk/

Ashley

I'm going to the Tamworth day. I not long joined the Leyland olympian yahoo group which I still question why because I was bought up on Metrobuses but Olympians are growing on me

http://leyland-olympian.blogspot.co.uk/

nitromatt1

Wow, thanks for that link! First bus I ever went on if I remember rightly was a Volvo Citybus with Voith gearbox, I was mostly brought up on Citybuses. Loved them ever since. I'm 15 making me one of the younger enthusiasts, I'll probably look a bit out of place on the Tamworth day lol.

Ashley

I'm only 19. I feel a bit out of place on the Olympian days and being a newbie to the group im a new face but im looking forward to upcoming Metrobus and Olympian days

nitromatt1

At least you can drive, or get about wherever and whenever you want. I'm going to need a massive debate with my parents for them to take me to this as I live in Halesowen which is of course the other side of Brum.

Ashley

I can't drive so its a train journey for me and probably bus back

nitromatt1

Still I wish I could be as independent as that. Difficult for me to get anywhere further than centre of Brum. You got Facebook?

D10

Quote from: Ashley on December 02, 2012, 10:26:43 PM
I'm starting this thread out of curiosity as to where you can go in the UK that ticks all or most boxes if your a bus enthusiast i.e scenery and good vehicles choice, if there are other factors then correct me.

One I'm going to put on the table is Gloucestershire, Stagecoach plus a few independents run a pretty good route nwtwork both urban and rural, or basically you get a trident being given some welly down rural A roads and all you see is fields, or Volvo Olympians, whichever you prefer :D

I personally like Oxford, lovely city and loads of buses from Oxford Bus Co, Stagecoach, Thames Travel and Arriva amongst others.

Theres midis, single decks and thankfully now more double deckers again, and generally all round very smart fleets.

Ashley

I have Oxford as one of my places to go but thats for next year

danny

Trust me having a vcar isn't all its crack up to be, insurance, tax, mots, sticking petrol in the bigger all time, good for distance trips but that it lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Ashley

I have no plans to bother with a car so no worries there lol

Stu

I would imagine if you just want to spot buses, then the best place to go would be outside any bus garage early in the morning, or in the evening, when most buses are entering or leaving service.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk