News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WEDNESFIELD B6

Started by Bob, November 30, 2012, 04:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I thought the B6s were supposed to go to Wednesfield but now 16 have moved to Stafford, and a few Darts have been withdrawn. Is the Stafford allocation a permanent thing? Because theyll all have to be replaced presumably if they are to move to Wednesfield. Personally i think most routes at Stafford would be fine with MPDs.....

nx4737

Quote from: bob on November 30, 2012, 04:17:03 PM
I thought the B6s were supposed to go to Wednesfield but now 16 have moved to Stafford, and a few Darts have been withdrawn. Is the Stafford allocation a permanent thing? Because theyll all have to be replaced presumably if they are to move to Wednesfield. Personally i think most routes at Stafford would be fine with MPDs.....

Keep up... they moved to Stafford because the OFT/CC decided to poke there nose into the Midland takeover...

Bob

yes i know, but thats hardly likely to be a barrier

jarh_9394

Well it is, and until clearance is passed mass vehicle moves of this scale will not occur.

Bob

Yes i know this what i mean is they would have to be replaced at Stafford or the plan abandoned & alternative buses sent to Wednesfield

staffsdave

These are a permanent transfer. We experienced some serious reliability problems with the DENNIS SLF/MPDs Mid-October with 10 Breakdowns in ONE DAY!

Bob

So what will happen to the remaining MPDs/Darts? Also I wonder what will now go to Midland? Hopefully every bloody Dart at Cannock! God awful buses

andy

Quote from: staffsdave on December 02, 2012, 07:58:58 AM
These are a permanent transfer. We experienced some serious reliability problems with the DENNIS SLF/MPDs Mid-October with 10 Breakdowns in ONE DAY!

Well if you still have them all in May I predict that will be the next time you have 10 breakdowns in one day, get ready for the 'ding ding ding ding' !!

Bob

Could it be something to do with poor maintenance? that 10 breakdowns? ive seen darts blowin tons of black smoke out in stafford before now

Ashley

Prefer Arrivas B6's to the darts

Bob

Arriva cant think much of its Stafford operation, 10 breakdowns etc in one day you would think would signal an embarassment for them, and maybe investment was desperately needed, but what do Arriva do? Replace the ( slightly more knackered crap fleet) of Darts with 13 yr old knackered B6s! Does Stafford make a loss?

Ashley

I don't think it does, their town services see some use, don't think it's standing room only, but 10 breakdowns in a day, its worse than the Spectras at Wolves when we first had them. First South Yorkshire are withdrawing their S reg darts if they breakdown now

Bob

The town services get mainly full of pensioners, maybe the 8 or 9 turn a slight profit

Ashley

The best description would be that a fair bit of Arriva Midlands thrives from conscessionary travel and apart from that doesn't bring in many pennies caused by lack of investment and for some, offputting fares

Bob

Yea Stafford definately suffers from a lack of investment. Cannocks done ok to a point, eg the VDL's 61 plate for the 60 And the 57 plates for the Staffords( but even these are looking a bit tired now, and surely must be coming up for a repaint?), but the Walsall & Wolverhampton and Pye Green/ 31/2/3 services are run by a mish mash of nails. Plus they havent a clue how to put branded buses on the correct routes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk