News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Wardle in Walsall

Started by arrivaaston, November 23, 2012, 09:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

I was in Walsall today about 3.30 and there was a Wardle sprinter minibus parked opposite the job centre... Anybody got an idea if its Cannock based or Midland or why it was in Walsall? Thanks

Bob

Maybe theyre planning to use em on Midlands busiest routes? Lol

jarh_9394

1351 (KY51 SXD) is in use as a shuttle vehicle with us at the moment.

arrivaaston

I saw 4778 a few times in walsall today and each time the passengers on it wouldn't of even filled a sprinter lol

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 09:16:13 PM
I saw 4778 a few times in walsall today and each time the passengers on it wouldn't of even filled a sprinter lol

But did you see it arriving at a school in Aldridge this morning, or leaving this afternoon? If so you would see why it is needed, it only does the 19 in between so it doesn't sit doing nothing all day!

arrivaaston

I always thought NX1. Covered school contracts in that area, I was just saying that it does seem a waste on the 19 when its never full, and do Midland still have there orilgonal deckers or are they away for respray into Arriva liverey as I've not seen them

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 09:23:38 PM
I always thought NX1. Covered school contracts in that area, I was just saying that it does seem a waste on the 19 when its never full, and do Midland still have there orilgonal deckers or are they away for respray into Arriva liverey as I've not seen them

The original deckers are on the Wolverhampton 10. Just go and watch St Francis of Assissi school at leaving time. About a dozen buses from various operators, only NX one is 159/c. So having 4778 on the 19 is a waste, but parking in the garage between school runs isn't?

arrivaaston

That's a fair comment, Arriva Cannock are just as bad because I've been past the garrage and the deckers are in there. After working A1's, is it just walsall Midland cover for schools or do they do school runs in Wolvo?

arrivaaston

I wasked in walsall this evening about buses to Cannock, I gave the time but he then asked if he could use his N ticket because he needed to get to Wolverhampton, I told him he could use his nbus as far as Bloxwich on the arriva but he could use a 529 with his ticket... Was this right? I don't know much about nbus tickets but in the end he paid 6 pound for a day saver...

Bob

Why do Cannock insist on only using the Deckers on the Pye Greens? Absolute waste, why not let them do turns on other busier services?

arrivaaston

Agreed suerly would be better working the staffords, especially the morning and evening ones when the college kids are on

Tony

Quote from: bob on November 23, 2012, 10:05:22 PM
Why do Cannock insist on only using the Deckers on the Pye Greens? Absolute waste, why not let them do turns on other busier services?

Presumably to keep them in easy reach if they are needed for the Amazon service

Bob

Its bad how even the busiest routes are single decked at peak times! Cannock needs at least a couple of Deckers purely for this purpose, ive said before, if they can allocate bloody four for Burton 1 service, which is certainly no busier than the Stafford services, then they should do Cannock passengers the same courtesy. Its like they have some sort of aversion to DD operation there!!

arrivaaston

I quite often see 1 of burtons deckers on the 2's or 2A's and never full and I've never seen the 1 be full when leaving Burton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk