News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Telford

Started by arrivaaston, November 22, 2012, 11:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

Pretty decent fleet but still have a few nails such as the W/SNR darts and S/KHN and Y/TGM any plans to transfer these or are they staying put

Bob

No doubt theyll all be transferred to Cannock, they should rename it Dart graveyard

arrivaaston

Finish buses and they get dumped in cannocks yard such as 2218 T48WUT, wouldn't be suprised if that ends up working from cannock

Bob

Yea its a bit young to be withdrawn altogether. I was on MPD SN03 LGC, earlier today. Its prob one of the best Darts at Cannock interior wise, the Fk52/SK52 and the other 03 Or 53 plate MPDS and the SB120s ( if they must keep em) and the 1 branded DAFs should all be refurbed to a similar standard because theyre all absolutely disgusting

arrivaaston

Not a fan of 2268 or 2274 myself, 2209 is proberbly 1 of the better ones I saw it in cannock on 68's about 3.30, Telfords 2270 SK52MLJ and 2273 SK52 MLO xould do with a respray and a refurb like 2269 SK52MLF

arrivaaston

2239 has already made an appearance at Cannock once before not so long ago

Bob

Im not a fan of any of the Darts but if we must have them a decent refurb could make em bareable

arrivaaston

I wouldn't mind the 51 plates if they had new seats, noth crappy urban 90 seats, its the same on the Y/UON Dafs at Shrewsbury & Telford... Awful seats always tend to get off them with a numb arse lol

2200 Bus

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 01:02:29 PM
I wouldn't mind the 51 plates if they had new seats, noth crappy urban 90 seats, its the same on the Y/UON Dafs at Shrewsbury & Telford... Awful seats always tend to get off them with a numb arse lol

I quite like the Urban90 seat to sit on, they feel quite fitted to your back, the only bad thing is that I don't think they're very pleasing to the eye. I like the high back Esteban seats the best.

arrivaaston

I don't think urban 90 seats are ideal for long routes, a majority of people find them uncomfortable

Bob

Yea theyre very very uncomfortable!!

2200 Bus

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 07:31:11 PM
I don't think urban 90 seats are ideal for long routes, a majority of people find them uncomfortable

They do give you a numb arse though after a while haha...I don't think the seats on the Tamworth Citaros are very comfy...I wouldn't like to be sat on one on the 110!

arrivaaston

Can't say I've had the opportunity to travel on 1 of these yet as I'm cannock so unless they turn up on the 765 at some point lol but I find the optare versa uncomfortable especialy the 1's used on 481's, after a journey that's over an hour but I suppose that's like most buses in fairness

andy

Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 09:20:42 PM
Can't say I've had the opportunity to travel on 1 of these yet as I'm cannock so unless they turn up on the 765 at some point lol but I find the optare versa uncomfortable especialy the 1's used on 481's, after a journey that's over an hour but I suppose that's like most buses in fairness

Buses just aren't designed for comfort anymore unfortunately. The most comfortable buses ever had to be the East Lancs rebodied Tigers which retained the DP seats from the original ECW bodies. The ECW body may not have been a popular option on Leopards and Tigers but those seats were some of the most comfy you could get, and plenty of legroom.

No body manufacturer is concerned about legroom anymore, just capacity and maximum space for screaming kids in moon hoppers.

arrivaaston

I don't no them buses lol the oldest buses I can remember are the old E/UNE and F/ENF and 49 XBF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk