News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 17, 2024, 10:22:10 PMDoes this apply to talk stations?
Probably not, but then again even some talk stations play some music which could well be copyrighted.

Plus, there's no real way of restricting a radio so it only plays certain types of station.

These swines will try and catch you out however they can - where I used to work, we were told to stop playing the radio in our shop, after someone from PRS called us up as a 'mystery customer' and could hear music playing in the background. We then got sent a 'letter' warning us that we needed to pay for a licence or we would be fined, our gaffers chose not to pay the exorbitant cost.

Sorry for off-topic but just wanted to add that for context!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

20159 seen down Merry Hill on 226A fully repainted, still awaiting Diamond fadeouts vinyls...

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 18, 2024, 07:17:20 PMProbably not, but then again even some talk stations play some music which could well be copyrighted.

Plus, there's no real way of restricting a radio so it only plays certain types of station.

These swines will try and catch you out however they can - where I used to work, we were told to stop playing the radio in our shop, after someone from PRS called us up as a 'mystery customer' and could hear music playing in the background. We then got sent a 'letter' warning us that we needed to pay for a licence or we would be fined, our gaffers chose not to pay the exorbitant cost.

Sorry for off-topic but just wanted to add that for context!

Sorry for continuing off topic, but I guess the company I work for would have the relavant Prs / PRL licences for the warehouse tannoy / radio, but would an individual office radio be covered by the same licence.

I have brought one in, but personally hardly use it!

winston

Rotala have agreed to acquire the following last week, they will be allocated to the Diamond WM business, depot allocations & fleetnumbers tbc. Rotala are currently awaiting answers on potential new work / service improvements etc: 

Wright Streetlite (Cummins engined) ex Transdev Rosso (Euro 6 retrofits):

SN64 CSU
SN64 CSX
SN64 CSY
SN64 CSZ
SN64 CTF
SN64 CTK
SN64 CTY

Wright Streetlite (Euro 6 Mercedes engined) ex :

SM68 ERZ

Wba_lad

Quote from: winston on July 18, 2024, 08:51:50 PM20159 seen down Merry Hill on 226A fully repainted, still awaiting Diamond fadeouts vinyls...
Yeah I noticed this a few weeks ago in Walsall, it's because it had a front end accident, I believe there was a police chase and car went straight into the front of the bus from what I've been told but I'm sure if it's wrong somone will correct me. 

winston

Quote from: winston on July 20, 2024, 04:49:01 PMRotala have agreed to acquire the following last week, they will be allocated to the Diamond WM business, depot allocations & fleetnumbers tbc. Rotala are currently awaiting answers on potential new work / service improvements etc:

Wright Streetlite (Cummins engined) ex Transdev Rosso (Euro 6 retrofits):

SN64 CSU
SN64 CSX
SN64 CSY
SN64 CSZ
SN64 CTF
SN64 CTK
SN64 CTY

Wright Streetlite (Euro 6 Mercedes engined) ex :

SM68 ERZ
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/TYHpLbkZZmNcSNMy/

In addition to buying the above 7 ex Transdev Rosso Streetlites, Rotala have now agreed to buy the remaining 4 at Bus & Coach Centre, making 11 in total + SM68 ERZ

Ryan Hack

Quote from: winston on July 27, 2024, 10:36:58 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/share/p/TYHpLbkZZmNcSNMy/

In addition to buying the above 7 ex Transdev Rosso Streetlites, Rotala have now agreed to buy the remaining 4 at Bus & Coach Centre, making 11 in total + SM68 ERZ
All for West Midlands?

twbc99

Quote from: winston on June 22, 2024, 12:43:36 PM2 more Illesbus City's were due to be collected yesterday:

15006 BP24KSJ
15007 BU24NDF

These will be in Diamond 2 Tone livery
2 more are tracking on bustimes:

15008 WM24 KGK
15009 WM24 KHE

Tony

Quote from: twbc99 on August 05, 2024, 09:34:01 PM2 more are tracking on bustimes:

15008 WM24 KGK
15009 WM24 KHE
Details on the main site

winston

Re: comments around Next stop not working:

• Rotala are in the process of installing the eligible buses across the fleet.  Circa 100 in total.
  • To make them work – they need

• Installation of Ticketer "Gateway". 
    • Upgraded Ticket Machine.

All the fleet will receive this (not just the vehicles requiring nextstop) Once installed and upgraded, the idea is that the Nextstop will be driven by Ticketer.  Without it, none of the screens will work and it explains why they don't work at this minute.

This configuration is the same approach taken by TfGM.

MW

Quote from: winston on August 08, 2024, 03:21:32 PMRe: comments around Next stop not working:

• Rotala are in the process of installing the eligible buses across the fleet.  Circa 100 in total.
  • To make them work – they need

• Installation of Ticketer "Gateway".
    • Upgraded Ticket Machine.

All the fleet will receive this (not just the vehicles requiring nextstop) Once installed and upgraded, the idea is that the Nextstop will be driven by Ticketer.  Without it, none of the screens will work and it explains why they don't work at this minute.

This configuration is the same approach taken by TfGM.

I've heard that this is going to be mandatory from September 2024 on new vehicles, from a couple of people who tend to be right with this sort of knowledge, however when doing my own research, I keep seeing 2026 as the date when it'll be mandatory. 

Can anybody clarify?

Tony

Quote from: MW on August 08, 2024, 04:20:52 PMI've heard that this is going to be mandatory from September 2024 on new vehicles, from a couple of people who tend to be right with this sort of knowledge, however when doing my own research, I keep seeing 2026 as the date when it'll be mandatory.

Can anybody clarify?
Depending on the vehicle age

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 08, 2024, 04:20:52 PMI've heard that this is going to be mandatory from September 2024 on new vehicles, from a couple of people who tend to be right with this sort of knowledge, however when doing my own research, I keep seeing 2026 as the date when it'll be mandatory.

Can anybody clarify?
See:
https://wmbu.org.uk/2024/05/the-next-stop-is-new-accessible-information-regulations-effective-from-october-2024/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Noting @Stu 's question to Simon elsewhere, did anyone use Tap & Go anyway?

I had no reason to, as I have my normal pass, plus its very rare I use contactless on the bus anyway.(Last time being during the pandemic, when I couldnt renew my pass at the Travelshop!)

LiamsTransport1

Had a go on Bromsgrove on demand service today, I am quite impressed with the system. However a few questions, I attempted to book twice (before finally finding a suitable journey) to travel from Bromsgrove bus station towards Rubery area, The first booking I attempted to make said I would needed to wait for 30 minutes to head towards Cofton park (I'd then would of walked), I cancelled that booking and tried to book towards Rubery which it then said it wasn't available journey for some reason, I gave it a few minutes and then a bus came within 5 minutes (Which was the one I boarded) to take me to Rubery.

I'm just wondering, How does this system work? Does it work out the journey etc before allocating a bus? And would it be better in future to book in advance so the system can work out a route and allocate a vehicle for me in advance and how roughly in advance would it be recommend for me to book?

Apart from that, the system is easy to use and the brand new 24 plate buses which I used were nice with USB chargers and comfortable seats and added bonus that the first journey is free!
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk