News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay71

Quote from: winston on June 26, 2024, 09:01:45 AM40100 has never been to Preston Bus, its been parked unused at Burton for ages, only ever been used in service at Bolton
Isn't this the bus which I seen last month? Simon said that it's being retested

Rachvince53

Quote from: Jay71 on June 26, 2024, 09:30:54 AMIsn't this the bus which I seen last month? Simon said that it's being retested
According to the facebook enthuisiasts, 40100 has been reinstated and was trialled on the Kiddy 10 service. However this caused problems due overhanging branches. It could be used on the Kiddy 8 service but I suspect it will be used only for private hire work. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 26, 2024, 01:31:44 PMAccording to the facebook enthuisiasts, 40100 has been reinstated and was trialled on the Kiddy 10 service. However this caused problems due overhanging branches. It could be used on the Kiddy 8 service but I suspect it will be used only for private hire work.
Would be nice to see that in regular use on the 292 or the 8.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

QuoteWould be nice to see that in regular use on the 292 or the 8.
Or Summer Saturdays on the 125 :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 26, 2024, 03:39:36 PMOr Summer Saturdays on the 125 :-)
Isnt there a SVR related low bridge on that route?

D10

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on June 26, 2024, 02:14:37 PMWould be nice to see that in regular use on the 292 or the 8.
Could still be a problem with overhanging trees and I can't see the council cutting them back on the off chance a DD is used. 

ellspurs

It would be nice to go on it up and over Clee Hill on the 292.

Westy

Having a very quick chat with the one driver I know by sight tonight, they showed me a picture of 'new' vehicle 15007.

The main thing I took away from the brief chat was driver access was through an outer door, a simliar arrangement to the old Pte Ailsas of the 70's, which means, to do the disabled ramp, they have to dodge the traffic getting out the vehicle & coming around the front!

Would've thought this arrangement would be frowned upon for various reasons nowadays?

(If I got it right of course!)

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 27, 2024, 05:40:13 PMHaving a very quick chat with the one driver I know by sight tonight, they showed me a picture of 'new' vehicle 15007.

The main thing I took away from the brief chat was driver access was through an outer door, a simliar arrangement to the old Pte Ailsas of the 70's, which means, to do the disabled ramp, they have to dodge the traffic getting out the vehicle & coming around the front!

Would've thought this arrangement would be frowned upon for various reasons nowadays?

(If I got it right of course!)
No different to other Mercedes Sprinter mini-buses used by other operators, Ring-And-Ride, NETS, HATS etc where the driver has to do the same.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk