News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

chiltern units

Started by windy miller, November 09, 2012, 02:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Jim H...sorry I missed your comments on the chiltern 172 units posted on june 12th last.
your post suggested that the (then) regular SO svc from marylebone to Snow hill would anticipate these units being used on the ME-SOA route from Dec 2012.?
The present chiltern timetable employs 3 of these 'new' units on a 17.40pm dep from Marylebone (arr Bicester@ 18.39) and departs later at 19.07 to arr Marylebone @ 20.24. the 'other' unit is usually stabled at willesden. If you/ anyone can confirm that these units are Definates for the SOA Svcs  please let me know. Thanks.
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

JIM H

I photographed 172101 working through Dorridge on 7/7/2012 and saw it again going through Tyseley
on Saturday 15/9/2012. That's the last time i saw the working. London Overail have occasionally
borrowed one for their Gospel-Barking service.

Rob H

Quote from: JIM H on November 09, 2012, 11:21:58 AM
I photographed 172101 working through Dorridge on 7/7/2012 and saw it again going through Tyseley
on Saturday 15/9/2012. That's the last time i saw the working. London Overail have occasionally
borrowed one for their Gospel-Barking service.

1 of the 172 units still comes to Birmingham I see one when I catch the 07:30 957 from Sheldon to Birmingham I see it coupled to a 4 car 168 unit heading to London Marylebone going through Small Heath in the early morning and this is in the week :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Tony

One of the printed magazines (Modern Railways I think) said Chiltern were going to concentrate the 172s on the Stratford services as it made diagramming a small fleet easier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk