News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Traffilog

Started by suavegarv, November 08, 2012, 11:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

There is a sticker in some bus windscreens referring to Traffilog.What is it?

tank90

http://www.traffilog.com/default.asp

That might help you. But other than there website I havent a clue either.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

JackC

The website certainly doesn't give much in the way of explanation but I think it might be a sort of black box kind of thing? Or some sort of telemetry?

tank90

from there website

"About Us

Traffilog is a leading global provider of web-based MRM (Mobile Resources Management) fleet-management and mobile assets solutions that provide customers with significant fuel savings of up to 16%, Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) improvement up to 70%, and up to a 75% decrease in aggressive driver behavior and safety events. Traffilog's solutions are based on proprietary technology that combines vehicle and driver diagnostics, providing drivers and fleet managers with personalized real-time alerts and periodic reports that ultimately improve driving behavior and vehicle mechanical maintenance." Copied from http://www.traffilog.com/about.asp

I'm guessing that it is something to help the Operator of the vechicals with it fitted know how there drivers are driving, what needs to be looked at by a mechanic when something goes wrong. So if you like its a brian for a bus or lorry like most cars these days. But it does a little more than a cars diagnostic chip thingy.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

windy miller

a 'brian' for a bus?.......maybe he was driving 4281 on thurs eve when it 'expired' on the island outside Asda minworth? a few feet more and there would have been chaos...No idea what service? that might have been... :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

tank90

Quote from: windy miller on November 09, 2012, 01:17:15 AM
a 'brian' for a bus?.......maybe he was driving 4281 on thurs eve when it 'expired' on the island outside Asda minworth? a few feet more and there would have been chaos...No idea what service? that might have been... :)
I was referring to the on board computer that Traffilog is as a brain and forgot about my spelling in doing so. That was a blunder worthy of being on Just A Minute. Either that or Monty Python had got into my train of thought rather than the move helpful Thunders scientist Brains oh damn you Life of Brian!

Yes well spotted windy miller that was a gaff and a half

Dan

notepanel

It's basically a system that allows controllers/managers the ability to analyse driving styles (E.g. a red light is scored by going over a speed hump to fast), the speed vehicles are travelling and also be able to track vehicles. Many other companies use similar systems, often with drivers getting a bonus for sticking to 'good' driving levels.

National Express coaches are also fitting with this technology, which besides the obvious tracking can also record the onboard temperature and see what times coaches left stops, which can be used to acknowledge or in some cases disprove complaints.

MW

It's basically like this system, that First have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk