News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva lose big Ambuline contract

Started by notepanel, November 05, 2012, 07:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Slightly off topic, however...

It was reported on here that Arriva took-over the operations of Ambuline, probably around a year ago now.

One of their big contracts, with Black Country hospitals, has however, now been lost to West Midlands Ambulance Service.

winston

Quote from: notepanel on November 05, 2012, 07:42:22 PM
Slightly off topic, however...

It was reported on here that Arriva took-over the operations of Ambuline, probably around a year ago now.

One of their big contracts, with Black Country hospitals, has however, now been lost to West Midlands Ambulance Service.

Ouch... I bet that's set them back a bit

Bob

It should be the public ambulance service that runs it anyway not a bloody profiteering sodding bus company!

sconehead85

bob- Bad news however is that Arriva have won a similar contract in Greater Manchester.  The thought of  (even a non 999 ambulance) being run by Arriva makes me shudder.  Will this affect the Wardle fleet?

sconehead85

Bob

I think theyve won a contract in the East Midlands too. Disgusting. Knowing Arriva theyll probably stick blue lights on a Dart hahaha

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: bob on November 06, 2012, 05:27:38 AM
I think theyve won a contract in the East Midlands too. Disgusting. Knowing Arriva theyll probably stick blue lights on a Dart hahaha

They did win it and I remember when it was originally taken over and the first week of operation... my god there were a lot of balls ups thats for sure.... we had similar jokes in Leicester like 'ring 999 and you will get a lowlander to town quicker' and stuff like that. they took over around july/august time and those were two bad months on the bus side of things with arriva, breakdowns left right and centre due to the varying temperatures.... worse on hot days.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk