News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on June 01, 2023, 07:25:24 PMyou missed the point that was an example, what i was after is how do decide Bus (A) is to be transferred, why not Bus (B) or (C) is it a mileage thing ?

I explained that

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on May 30, 2023, 06:22:51 PMYes, It is based on several factors. The main one is to keep as few vehicle types, even sub-types, at each garage. You will see some swaps happening in the next week to eliminate a sub type from a garage.

If possible I will always try to keep fleetnumber blocks together on newer buses. When garages were told to 'move 3 Metrobuses' you could guarantee the three ropiest buses moved, by choosing by fleetnumber shows no preference  between garages.

Other things can decide some moves. for instance YW needed a bus to replace 4544, but with nothing immediately available from Coventry 4539, which was due to be withdrawn, moved from WN to see out the last three months of its MoT until something better can be found.
thank you thats exactly what i wanted to know, so going back a few years (not so far) 4573 BU04 BJX was working the 126, my wife was injured on this vehicle (this is not a claim) we contacted Wolverhampton Garage and was told they did not have the bus its not one of there's, we presented the ticket, they then said they did have 4573 but she was in garage off the road all week, when i sent the photograph of the bus they admitted 4573 was on the road and on the 126, but the video was not working so they were unwilling to discuss matters further - from then on 4573 was not seen over here and very quickly transferred to WA - we gave up in the end, all i actually wanted was an apology anyway, i was wondering if you could shed any light on why 4573 was transferred so quickly.
as i said before its not a claim 4573 was probably not very old from what i remember (2005 maybe) just tidying up a loose end thats always bugged me
Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on June 01, 2023, 07:25:24 PMyou missed the point that was an example, what i was after is how do decide Bus (A) is to be transferred, why not Bus (B) or (C) is it a mileage thing ?

my bad
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

Tony

4573 was moved, along with all the other 45xx to Yardley Wood, swapped with 43xx along with many other 45xx because they were the newest Tridents and Yardley Wood needed buses to have exhaust traps fitted and it was far more sensible to fit 45xx than 43xx

BN

2088 PN-WN
2111 WN-PN

BusDriverBosh

I believe 4905 has gone to Wolverhampton today for the pride festival 
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

BN

You cannot view this attachment.
Quote from: mrboshell on June 02, 2023, 07:16:18 PMI believe 4905 has gone to Wolverhampton today for the pride festival
Correct, done the wheels too.

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: BN on June 02, 2023, 09:30:10 PMYou cannot view this attachment.Correct, done the wheels too.
Thought so, BC training was trying to find it yesterday! Didn't realise it went to Wolverhampton
Bus Driver
61 - Birmingham ➡️ Frankley
63 - Birmingham ➡️ Longbridge ➡️ Frankley

BN

6959 WN-WB
4980 WB-WN

Coventrybususer95

Can we please get back to the original use of this thread please?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 05, 2023, 10:31:18 AMCan we please get back to the original use of this thread please?
Yes, I agree, thank you!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

18WilliamsLi

Is 6955 to 6959 tempory transfers or long term transfer or permanent transfer 

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on June 06, 2023, 09:22:22 PMIs 6955 to 6959 tempory transfers or long term transfer or permanent transfer
Is that really important?

BBS

QuoteIs 6955 to 6959 tempory transfers or long term transfer or permanent transfer
Seriously mate, after all the nagging you had and now you're asking stupid questions 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack on June 06, 2023, 09:26:26 PMIs that really important?
Yes I need to know how long they are there for

cris 99

The only person that knows that is Tony himself and after what you said about him the other day you will be lucky to get an answer. And if I remember correctly I said you would want information from him soon enough and you said ' I will find out myself ' so nows your chance
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk