News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Gareth on June 13, 2021, 09:33:55 AM
That could mean costly repainting. It may be cheaper to pay the charges.
Some buses of the blue and white ones, might be due a repaint anyway though I would have thought?
How much does it cost to repaint one as well?

Though if they were just temporary moves  until new buses arrive as well they could operate in the West Midlands in blue, like 2155 when that was on the 55 last September?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on June 13, 2021, 09:33:55 AM
That could mean costly repainting. It may be cheaper to pay the charges.

And it would mean moving non-Euro 6 red buses into Coventry to replace them which wouldn't go down well as the Coventry upgrades have been paid for out of a fund specifically for Coventry buses.

Lots of people seem to think I haven't done my job as best is possible?

j789

Surely Alexander Dennis could have provided a few euro 6 demonstrator vehicles on loan (at a very low rate) after all the business NXWM have put their way over recent times!

don

Quote from: Tony on June 13, 2021, 10:13:13 AM
And it would mean moving non-Euro 6 red buses into Coventry to replace them which wouldn't go down well as the Coventry upgrades have been paid for out of a fund specifically for Coventry buses.

Lots of people seem to think I haven't done my job as best is possible?

As there's a lot of change going on, I think everyone's just speculating (as enthusiasts often do) and thinking out loud.

Presumably the Coventry fleet is another complexity altogether for the reason you've mentioned and as its intended to be zero emissions much sooner. By saying this, I hope I won't set another pile of speculation going but presumably both fleets will be subject to a combination of both replacement (new buses) and conversion to zero emissions, potentially? Add to that different emission regimes in different towns on different timescales, failure of previously converted compliant buses requiring further work, and the little matter that no one knows how services will bounce back, usage wise after Covid and the job of fleet management is even harder than it would normally be? Plus budgets, engineering challenges (for example it must be frustrating having only 1 out of 5 Euro 6 Streetdecks in use) - you guys must have your work cut out!! Oh and the imminent arrival of 20 hydrogen buses - yet another fuel type to be brought into use.

I suspect we're going to see lots of changes going forward - a very interesting time for observers of the fleet.

Are you able to enlighten us at all on potential conversion programmes to zero emissions, or progress with the Coventry project (that is, presumably subject to Government funding also)?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on June 13, 2021, 11:35:08 AM
As there's a lot of change going on, I think everyone's just speculating (as enthusiasts often do) and thinking out loud.

Presumably the Coventry fleet is another complexity altogether for the reason you've mentioned and as its intended to be zero emissions much sooner. By saying this, I hope I won't set another pile of speculation going but presumably both fleets will be subject to a combination of both replacement (new buses) and conversion to zero emissions, potentially? Add to that different emission regimes in different towns on different timescales, failure of previously converted compliant buses requiring further work, and the little matter that no one knows how services will bounce back, usage wise after Covid and the job of fleet management is even harder than it would normally be? Plus budgets, engineering challenges (for example it must be frustrating having only 1 out of 5 Euro 6 Streetdecks in use) - you guys must have your work cut out!! Oh and the imminent arrival of 20 hydrogen buses - yet another fuel type to be brought into use.

I suspect we're going to see lots of changes going forward - a very interesting time for observers of the fleet.

Are you able to enlighten us at all on potential conversion programmes to zero emissions, or progress with the Coventry project (that is, presumably subject to Government funding also)?

In addition to the 29 electrics and 20 hydrogens due management have said that they hope to have 150 electrics at Coventry, 100 Hydrogens at walsall, 100 Hydrogens at both of the depots to replace BC within the next 2 years

ellspurs

Just 1 more needed after that for the 500 target. Given the pandemic it is rather unlikely that having them by the Commonwealth games target will be achieved though.

Nxwm

Rumours are yet again 55/94 to merge @Tony  can you confirm

Tony

Quote from: Nxwm on June 13, 2021, 08:55:29 PM

I have no idea what you are on about.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Nxwm on June 13, 2021, 08:55:29 PM
How could you possibly merge two routes which only run together between Ward and and City.

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 13, 2021, 09:20:05 PM
How could you possibly merge two routes which only run together between Ward and and City.
Only way would be making a circular from how I see it. Completely stupid and that would make that corridor worse than it is in my opinion... Sounds worse than the cross city routes...

Michael Bevan

Just seen a photo of 6146 parked up at PB. Is that another transfer @Tony?

BBS

Quote from: Stu on June 12, 2021, 07:32:02 PM
The CAZ becomes 'enforceable' from Monday 14th June. As Tony has stated, any vehicle can be used within the CAZ, but any that are not compliant will be subject to charges, for buses and HGVs this is £50 per day per vehicle.

NX did their fleet movements ahead of the initial June 1st start date in order to be prepared and to minimise the amount of charges that could have been incurred. Its not just AG and WB either, don't forget YW now have a number of Tridents that can't be used on their city routes, which is why they no longer appear on the 2 and 3 services, even though they could have been during this short postponement.
are all YW's tridents not compliant? They do have a lot of tridents that's for sure.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

filbus1

Quote from: bbs on June 15, 2021, 08:49:07 AM
are all YW's tridents not compliant? They do have a lot of tridents that's for sure.
I would have thought three big routes, 18, 76 and 49, which don't enter the CAZ zone, would take up most of the YW Trident allocation...

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 15, 2021, 08:37:32 AM
Just seen a photo of 6146 parked up at PB. Is that another transfer @Tony?

Yes, swapped with 4498

BBS

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2021, 12:57:02 PM
Yes, swapped with 4498
is 6146 still in outer circle branding?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk