News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V89MOA

MW

Quote from: V89MOA on October 28, 2016, 02:17:44 AM
Good Riddence to it, let's hope 17 and 19 follow pretty soon.

Do you not like them?

My only gripe with them was that depending on how you sit, the near side mirror view is slightly obstructed by the cab door. Driving wise, they are must better than the E200MMCs. I rememeber the all around visibility being excellent on these (through passenger windows) unlike the Scanias. I think these coupled with the drive of the Scanias would be a very good bus. On Sundays, I used to specifically ask for these when on routes like the 1/5/31/37. On Sundays, the allocation was basically done there and then by an engineer and you can literally take your pick.

monkeyjoe

Could the 29 (Harborne) possibly being converted to Double Deck operation then, ive seen people talk about overcrowding on that one before?

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on October 28, 2016, 02:17:44 AM
Good Riddence to it, let's hope 17 and 19 follow pretty soon.

I don't get why people complain about the B7s when half the time they can't back it up!

Tony

4296 WA - AG this morning

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on October 28, 2016, 08:27:46 AM
I don't get why people complain about the B7s when half the time they can't back it up!
Take a trip on a peak time 29 or 98 and you'll see why people complain, and just in general they are boring buses anyway with no life in them, give me a trident or a hybrid over one any day. @MW I can't speak from a drivers p.o.v but as an enthusiast I just think they are so drab, I much prefer the earlier version at Walsall.

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on October 28, 2016, 09:03:42 AM
Take a trip on a peak time 29 or 98 and you'll see why people complain, and just in general they are boring buses anyway with no life in them, give me a trident or a hybrid over one any day. @MW I can't speak from a drivers p.o.v but as an enthusiast I just think they are so drab, I much prefer the earlier version at Walsall.

So you don't like them because they are single deck buses, how can you complain about them because of where THE COMPANY allocate them, it's hardly the buses fault that they get put on those routes is it? Plus, they haven't got any 'life'. They are starting to develop features like the mercs did and they were far from boring.

Gareth

I miss the B7's on the 72. As a passenger they are excellent buses. Smooth, comfortable, all round good journey.  I'll take them over grandchild of Dart any day!

Tony

I think you'll find it is because they are 'boring' that passengers actually like them.

Passengers generally tend to like a bus where you can hardly hear the engine, accelerates smoothly without throwing them down the bus, and generally goes about its business of transporting them without any unneccesary fuss or noise

AndrewLee

Quote from: Tony on October 28, 2016, 10:38:48 AM
I think you'll find it is because they are 'boring' that passengers actually like them.

Passengers generally tend to like a bus where you can hardly hear the engine, accelerates smoothly without throwing them down the bus, and generally goes about its business of transporting them without any unneccesary fuss or noise

Great buses. In my experience you can drive one all day and not feel half as tired. Very comfortable for drivers and passengers alike. Power when you need it and very manoeuvrable.

Tony

Quote from: AndrewLee on October 28, 2016, 10:43:55 AM
Great buses. In my experience you can drive one all day and not feel half as tired. Very comfortable for drivers and passengers alike. Power when you need it and very manoeuvrable.

I hadn't driven one for over a year, but have been driving lots of E200MMCs back & forth. 2118 just felt solid and like a bus should, excellent steering, excellent vision, much more steady at speed, and a lot more manouverable than an E200MMC

BusFan94

I personally don't care if I'm on a single Decker that's "Boring" or on a double Decker that's noisy as long as I get to were I need to go on time.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

gka472l

Quote from: 2900 on October 22, 2016, 01:15:43 AM
4916 now at west brom , west brom appears to be Gemni free zone soon to be president free as well ,Volvo soon to be rare species ere.

Talking of Volvo is any one still buying them in double deck form with the rise of integral bus from ADL and Wrightbus it seems Volvo losing out.

51 B5LH/Wright due for Arriva in Liverpool December onwards......

HTH

Sh4318

They do lack character I suppose, they are a bit boring to me as well to be honest. As for actual bus, they're solid, perfect replacements for the B10Ls/Mercs

Quote from: 2900 on October 22, 2016, 01:15:43 AM
4916 now at west brom , west brom appears to be Gemni free zone soon to be president free as well ,Volvo soon to be rare species ere.

Talking of Volvo is any one still buying them in double deck form with the rise of integral bus from ADL and Wrightbus it seems Volvo losing out.

What route(s) are the ex PB Enviros actually for? They just seem to be used to strengthen Dudley Road and Soho Road services at the moment
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Speaking as neither an enthusiast or driver, but as a passenger, to be honest I don't care if a bus doesn't have 'any life' in it or is considered 'drab', and the majority of passengers like me just want a bus to turn up and to get them where they want to go.

My one complaint with the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs is that when they get very crowded, the layout of the standing area means there aren't many upright poles to hang onto. But under normal passenger loads, its a decent ride.

If the 29 is getting regularly crowded, I'm sure passengers would much appreciate more double deckers for the extra room, rather than the bus' 'character'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk