News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on November 01, 2014, 09:27:38 AM
Quote from: lynx1103 on November 01, 2014, 09:11:29 AM
0244 has gone to Wolverhampton on the 11 30.10.2014 fully fitted
With blinds.
Went with 677 a few days ago

4079 at AG has been taken out of service, currently at Miller Street
What happened to it?

Tony

1903 (on the 6)
1904 (on the 84)
are now both at Yardley Wood completing the transfer of 1896-1904

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on October 31, 2014, 12:02:11 PM
1447 now transferred to Walsall, currently out on the 39

Saw 1447 on the day you posted before I left West Midlands. Felt weird to see it on WA 39. :P

JIM C

Does anyone know of any imminment transfers to dundee ./according to a member of the dundee bus forum he said 03/54 and 56 reg buses were being sent up .

winston

Quote from: JIM C on November 10, 2014, 12:46:58 PM
Does anyone know of any imminment transfers to dundee ./according to a member of the dundee bus forum he said 03/54 and 56 reg buses were being sent up .

Yes saw that, I don't see how its possible until any more new buses arrive at least, that's assuming its correct

Trident 4609

Quote from: JIM C on November 10, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

Well the only 56 plates in the fleet are the B7RLE's at WA and I can't see those transferring...

PM

I guess it depends whether all withdrawals/transfers after entry into service of this year's orders has happened yet?

I guess it would make sense ultimately to try to see off all b10l/b10ble's there with Volvo/Wright buses as opposed to introducing ADL single decks.

trident4370

At this rate soon we won't have any decent single deckers left in the WM!

Stevo

And the WA B7RLEs are a bit non-standard, with the earlier Volvo engine.

don

It'll be surprising if Dundee don't receive any new vehicles. However, no doubt the school buses will be cascades.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Liberator9

I hope we don't lose the 56 reg Volvo B7RLEs - still excellent buses I find on my trips up to Walsall - I wouldn't see much point in just sending the whole fleet up to Dundee considering they are settled at WA and that it wouldn't be saving on costs as they are still in the wider NX fleet.

I'd rather just see the double deck fleet be replaced over the next few years - the single deck fleet will be relatively young and modern once the Mercs, Liberators and Crusaders have been withdrawn.

I just hope the Enviro 200MMCs are a good improvement upon the current design.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 10, 2014, 08:13:31 PM
I hope we don't lose the 56 reg Volvo B7RLEs - still excellent buses I find on my trips up to Walsall - I wouldn't see much point in just sending the whole fleet up to Dundee considering they are settled at WA and that it wouldn't be saving on costs as they are still in the wider NX fleet.

I'd rather just see the double deck fleet be replaced over the next few years - the single deck fleet will be relatively young and modern once the Mercs, Liberators and Crusaders have been withdrawn.

I just hope the Enviro 200MMCs are a good improvement upon the current design.
I'd rather see the ALX400 never replaced until they become around 20 years old, they still have life in them.

Liberator9

What sense would there be in that? The ALXs in the large part are now 11-12 years old, some even older - NX will replace the Presidents first (after the Mercs/Libs/B6s)  then move on to the Tridents, in the logical order. So there are likely to be ALXs going either next year or the year after - they'll be 13-15 years old. If NX work on that principle the 56 regs shouldn't go until 2018/2019. They are still good overall, but NX selling them at around 15 years old might  still get a large majority sold in the second hand market, at a good price. There are still a numerous amount of step entrance deckers that will need to be withdrawn due to DDA regs.

trident4370

4520 now at AG, on the 11C

mranon

would have thought the spectras would be first double decks to go. esp on the basis they are the eldest, and non standard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk