News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Branded routes

Started by Bus Man K2, February 21, 2020, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Ok maybe my suggestion may not work. How about just colour coading the coridor? So for example X8, 9 and X10 would just be Green  as these service group together along Hagley Rd between Quinton and Birmingham. With the 8 which interworks with the X8 also being Green but a diferent sort of Green. So in theory the 8 would be a stand alone service. Another example X3, X4, X5 and X14 black as these all serve Sutton Coldfield.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 07:29:57 AM
Ok maybe my suggestion may not work. How about just colour coading the coridor? So for example X8, 9 and X10 would just be Green  as these service group together along Hagley Rd between Quinton and Birmingham. With the 8 which interworks with the X8 also being Green but a diferent sort of Green. So in theory the 8 would be a stand alone service. Another example X3, X4, X5 and X14 black as these all serve Sutton Coldfield.

That is what happens!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2020, 07:41:41 AM
That is what happens!

I know it does happe like this but they also brand the number onto it as well. I'm suggesting to just have the colour and not with numbers. So that would then meant that bus could then be used on another service if it's been parked in the wrong sequence at the depot.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 07:52:29 AM
I know it does happe like this but they also brand the number onto it as well. I'm suggesting to just have the colour and not with numbers. So that would then meant that bus could then be used on another service if it's been parked in the wrong sequence at the depot.

And can you give an example where that would help?
The only one I can think of is the 9/X10 and it is so rare Pensnett misallocate no-one would notice

ellspurs

It'd only seem to work on the main roads out of the city (Bristol Road, Pershore Road, Washwood Heath Road, Walsall Road, Soho Road etc.)

Nottingham City Transport try to do the same, although they reuse colours on different routes.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 07:29:57 AM
They used to do this in Dudley a few years ago:
1 - Red
74 - Blue
82/87 - Pink
126 - Green
222 - Turquoise
X96 - Yellow

Bus Man K2

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 25, 2020, 11:08:07 AM
They used to do this in Dudley a few years ago:
1 - Red
74 - Blue
82/87 - Pink
126 - Green
222 - Turquoise
X96 - Yellow

Yes they did. I don't know why they stopped it? I am suggesting to have a colour for a coridor, where as this was done with numbers and colours.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 25, 2020, 08:21:13 AM
And can you give an example where that would help?
The only one I can think of is the 9/X10 and it is so rare Pensnett misallocate no-one would notice

I could but you would probably just soot it down. so I'm not going to start an argument. I will just bring it up at my next meeting with NX or when I see another person from NX at a meting.

How is it then when they do miss-allocate I always notice. I grant you it doesn't happen that often, it's more other garages that do. Answer that at your perral!!  :)

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 01:02:41 PM
Yes they did. I don't know why they stopped it? I am suggesting to have a colour for a coridor, where as this was done with numbers and colours.
They stopped it because the 222 was renumbered 2/2A and the X96 became the 8.  The 82/87 were branded Gemini's, then E400's which were replaced with the Platinums.  126 was taken over by Pensnett who used the old 9 MMC's.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 07:52:29 AM
What's wrong with the numbers being displayed on the branding?
Never seen it cause a problem, so doesn't make any sense to me.
Surely it advertises the services as well, telling people what service to use.
Would be good to have joint 55/94 branding on the Washwood Heath Road, with route numbers mentioned.
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 25, 2020, 01:09:37 PM
How is it then when they do miss-allocate I always notice.
Doubt any other passengers would be bothered, or maybe even notice it though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on February 25, 2020, 02:46:49 PM
What's wrong with the numbers being displayed on the branding?
Never seen it cause a problem, so doesn't make any sense to me.
Surely it advertises the services as well, telling people what service to use.
Would be good to have joint 55/94 branding on the Washwood Heath Road, with route numbers mentioned.Doubt any other passengers would be bothered, or maybe even notice it though.

I think this would work better than what happens now as I have hered from a source in NX that they don't always like to see branded buses for a specific service on anothet branded route or even on a route that is normally a non braded service.

Busboy105

Something I'd like to talk about on branded buses. Why is it only the Platinums have a route map on the inside of the bus? It would be really helpful if all branded buses have their route maps inside the buses; they are very well done.

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 08, 2020, 10:41:01 PM
Why is it only the Platinums have a route map on the inside of the bus?
The Uni branded platinums don't.
No idea why, though I agree and think they should.

They used to give other branded buses route maps as well at one point, not anymore for some reason. As the 11A/11C branded Gemini and 71/72 E200 MMC had small route maps.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 08, 2020, 10:41:01 PM
Something I'd like to talk about on branded buses. Why is it only the Platinums have a route map on the inside of the bus? It would be really helpful if all branded buses have their route maps inside the buses; they are very well done.

The 74 has a route map.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk