News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NXWM Branded routes

Started by Bus Man K2, February 21, 2020, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2020, 12:20:22 PM

Why is it such a problem to you.

It is advertising. Telling people about services. If you see an advert for Tunisia on the side you don't think it is going there. Yes garages are supposed to try to keep them on the branded route and see are better than others, but does it really matter that people around the University today are being told there's a platinum route to Coventry and how frequent it is? You never know it might even gain a passenger for the X1

Tony I just think your making excused. I think I've got the right for my opinion. If you don't like what passengers are syaing on here then you obvioysly don't care what bus is being put on what route. If my option works for other companies then maybe NX should try listerning to passenger. Not saying they don't but clearly you are listerning. So why comment on this? Sorry if I sound turse but I've read your comment and I think you come across a little turse.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 12:43:34 PMIf my option works for other companies then maybe NX should try listerning to passenger.
Does it work for other companies? Which company is getting the passenger number increases NX are getting?

I'm not sure how your option would help.

Which two currently branded routes would unifying the branding help?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2020, 12:48:34 PM
Does it work for other companies? Which company is getting the passenger number increases NX are getting?

I'm not sure how your option would help.

Which two currently branded routes would unifying the branding help?

11 and 12X Coventry. This is as sometimes the 12X branded buses can be seen on on the 11 and likewise the 11 branded buses can be seen on the 12X. So if you unifiy the route branding you may find it'll help passengers with which bus they need to catch. As I have had numerus misses with buses that aer branded for the wrong route and missed the bus that I should've cought. So Tony that is why the branding should be unifiyed!!!

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 01:43:28 PM
11 and 12X Coventry. This is as sometimes the 12X branded buses can be seen on on the 11 and likewise the 11 branded buses can be seen on the 12X. So if you unifiy the route branding you may find it'll help passengers with which bus they need to catch. As I have had numerus misses with buses that aer branded for the wrong route and missed the bus that I should've cought. So Tony that is why the branding should be unifiyed!!!

The 11 and 12x are the same branding

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 01:43:28 PM

I don't recall there being any problems in Coventry with route-branded buses appearing on other routes. When they do occasionally (more particularly on Sunday) people just check the number and destination on the front or side of the bus, and, well, they just get on with it!

Mike K

I don't think your average person bats an eyelid, or, for that matter, even notices when there's a route branded bus off route. I've been on X1, X2 and University branded buses a few times on the Harborne routes and other than me, I'd be surprised if anyone else had even noticed, let alone cared.

The only comment I've ever heard was when a 97 branded Trident turned up but that was because it had more cigarette burn marks than a plastic ash tray, rather than it being branded for the wrong route.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 08:12:38 AM
Actually @Stu I'm not missing the point of the other topic. I am just mearly pointing out that for roue branded buses there could becanother way to brand buses.As has been said, Minsterley Motors do it for the 435 and another service so why can't NX?
@Bus Man K2 As I said in one of my previous replies, the only reason this works for Minsterley is they only haven two routes that operate out of Shrewsbury.  Their branding is not quite the same as what you are suggesting.  For example, on the nearside, the branding is : 435 Shrewsbury - Condover - Church Stretton - Craven Arms - Ludlow .  On the offside, the branding is 552/553 Shrewsbury - Minsterley - Bishops Castle .  These are the actual route that the services take, not just every destination plastered randomly on the side of the bus.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on February 24, 2020, 03:36:22 PM
I don't think your average person bats an eyelid, or, for that matter, even notices when there's a route branded bus off route. I've been on X1, X2 and University branded buses a few times on the Harborne routes and other than me, I'd be surprised if anyone else had even noticed, let alone cared.

The only comment I've ever heard was when a 97 branded Trident turned up but that was because it had more cigarette burn marks than a plastic ash tray, rather than it being branded for the wrong route.

No because branding is aimed at people not on buses, not people waiting at stops. They are already bus users and when you are stood at a bus stop you see the front of the bus, so you see the destination, not the branding. The main aim of the branding is to catch the eye of non-bus users. If you are stood on Harborne High Street and see buses going past advertising a 5 minute frequency into Birmingham it might encourage you to take a trip. That is how branding works.

Bus Man K2

@Tony sometimes if there's as bus at a stop in a bus station I run for it because the branding say its the bus that I want and actually the bus blind doesn't say it's the service that I want.  Because I've ran and got on that bus and it's pulled away before I've noticed it's the wrong bus I am going to have to get odf and walk back to the bus station am I not. So if my suggestion was to be taken on then the bus could be used on any service as its not branded for a specific route. So I think the current way is the wrong way to brand buses.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 08:01:04 PM
@Tony sometimes if there's as bus at a stop in a bus station I run for it because the branding say its the bus that I want and actually the bus blind doesn't say it's the service that I want.  Because I've ran and got on that bus and it's pulled away before I've noticed it's the wrong bus I am going to have to get odf and walk back to the bus station am I not. So if my suggestion was to be taken on then the bus could be used on any service as its not branded for a specific route. So I think the current way is the wrong way to brand buses.

What suggestion?
You still haven't given me a single example that could be done.
And how would it help that situation anyway? If a branded 4 was in Bradford Place, Walsall, and you ran for it and it was actually on the 34, would not having the number 4, just a route description have helped?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2020, 08:04:18 PM
What suggestion?
You still haven't given me a single example that could be done.
And how would it help that situation anyway? If a branded 4 was in Bradford Place, Walsall, and you ran for it and it was actually on the 34, would not having the number 4, just a route description have helped?

I have given you an example Stourbridge/Gornal Wood/Merry Hill-Halesowen-Quinton-Bearwood-Birmingham.

Another one

Dudley-Bearwood-Smethwick-Cape Hill-Birmingham. This one is close to my hart as the current branding has a route on it that doesn't even go to the same place at the other but people may get confused as the other route it mentions has a nother service  that could be mistaken for it.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 08:13:56 PM
I have given you an example Stourbridge/Gornal Wood/Merry Hill-Halesowen-Quinton-Bearwood-Birmingham.

Another one

Dudley-Bearwood-Smethwick-Cape Hill-Birmingham. This one is close to my hart as the current branding has a route on it that doesn't even go to the same place at the other but people may get confused as the other route it mentions has a nother service  that could be mistaken for it.

What message numbers did you mention those in? I have only seen the 12x/11.

If you were going for a 9 or X10 in Halesowen Bus Station and didn't look at the front how would not having service numbers in the branding help?

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 24, 2020, 08:13:56 PM

How does that help someone who gets on a 9 to Stourbridge but actually wanted to go to Merry Hill?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on February 24, 2020, 08:22:34 PM
How does that help someone who gets on a 9 to Stourbridge but actually wanted to go to Merry Hill?

Ok maybe that one is a little out there. What about the othe one?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2020, 08:21:35 PM
What message numbers did you mention those in? I have only seen the 12x/11.

If you were going for a 9 or X10 in Halesowen Bus Station and didn't look at the front how would not having service numbers in the branding help?

I posted it ealier on this topic, so I can only assume it didn't post correctly or someone took it down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk