News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Front Logo Moved

Started by jrwxyz, June 25, 2012, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty matt go

Hi i'v read that First are selling up becouse of oil going up here in the U.K. not all of first are going put some are. Some one post it on FB but now i cart find the link to put up. anyway me thinks NXWM Buses will look good at the Olympics  :D

winston

Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2012, 06:48:36 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2012, 06:35:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 26, 2012, 05:42:12 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 26, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 26, 2012, 04:48:59 PM
I don't think the Olympic work that NXWM buses will be used on is on subcontracted from First; I believe it's direct for the Olympic committee. First are using a brand new fleet of double deckers in their own livery and retain First Group logos etc

But if it was subcontracted from First, I would understand why they'd want the logos removed. I wouldn't be surprised if they put First logos on them whilst in London if they are subcontracted!

Another load of guesswork rubbish is being posted in this thread. I very much doubt even First buses on olympic work will have the first logo on

All new double deckers delivered for First Groups Olympic work have First Group logo's above drivers window/front doors, F logo's on front/rear, plus 'your Olympic Shuttle' in corporate style on both sides. This also includes the ex London Trident/Presidents & Trident/ALX400's that have been refurbished in addition for this work. If First can't have its own logo's on during this work, then why apply them on the new buses/re-furbished buses? Especially considering most have not/will not see use prior to the Olympics other than the 9 Enviros at FDC Plymouth for the Park & Ride work

First will have paid the Olympic committee an awful lot of money for being allowed to use their logo on the services, I think it is around £23,000,000 I was quoted as the starting figure for any company wanting to associate themselves with the olympics.

If First Group is paying that sort of figure just to have buses operating in their livery with corporate logos, Tim O'Toole must be mad. Surely the money would be better spent reducing the mountains of debt they owe

BU07 LGO

I think Tony mentioned that two of Walsall's new Enviro's are to have a full vehicle vinyl wrap? Any news on these? Also have yet to see any PB Enviro's with logos removed?

matty matt go

Hi all is it true that NXWM will be painted green/white same as the current hybrids, and they'll be introduced early next year?

Stu

You mean the new hybrids? The new hybrids for Wolverhampton will be green/white same as those at BC currently, but other buses will remain red/white.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk