News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

What is the retirement age for a bus driver?

Started by Trident 4194, January 25, 2015, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 26, 2015, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2015, 07:21:46 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 26, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
I was thinking of driving when I reach 60. Is this possible then? I'm guessing so as long as I don't have any health problems

Aren't you like, what, 14 at the moment?!

Yes, ha ha, got my life planned out

Good luck sticking to that plan. I can guarantee it'll go haywire in about 12 months ;-) All of a sudden you'll start noticing those strange creatures called "girls". Never managed to work them out and I'm pushing the bad side of 60!

And for the record I left on my own accord from NXWM and the health troubles started after retirement.

Talking to drivers and such the duties have took a turn for the worse so I don't really miss it. I do miss the buses though (not E200's) and I wish I drove more Hybrids but never mind.
Good advice that is... They don't give you any warning either... at the age of 16 I just opened my wallet and there she was!.... bane of my life ever since
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

bwsau cymru

The company I work for have a self employed driver who does schools and the odd day hire, day tip. he is 78
campaigning for better transport for all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk