News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum X1

Started by CL, November 29, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

This has really intrigued me. Is the service 957 going to change the service number to X1? I seen people say yes, indirectly. Also indicating the 900 is going to change to the X2, but I haven't had a straight answer. Unless the X1 is just a Promotional Route to show how branding would look on the buses?

Evidence:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/1976/bus-investment.jpg
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

I've asked the same question and failed to get a straight answer.

The evidence is pushing towards yes, they'll be renumbered to X series, but where doth this stand for the X64 etc I don't know. And also, we'll probably wait until the registrations get redone.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

James4368

Quote from: clayderman on November 29, 2014, 03:01:07 PM
This has really intrigued me. Is the service 957 going to change the service number to X1? I seen people say yes, indirectly. Also indicating the 900 is going to change to the X2, but I haven't had a straight answer. Unless the X1 is just a Promotional Route to show how branding would look on the buses?

Evidence:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/1976/bus-investment.jpg
im thinking that myself
its probably just a sneak peek of what livery will look like on new E400MMC's and a example of route number aswell
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

monkeyjoe

SO hypothetically if I use the 957 between city and lets say old lode lane and I have no alternative route like people on the x51 for example will I be forced to pay higher fares, when in the past I have my 57 / 957.  Suppose you could say the same for people in Bloxwich for example, but the Sheldon/Olton/Wells Green type area examples seems a bit unfair to those passengers. Again to much time on my hands this evening.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 29, 2014, 10:42:36 PM
SO hypothetically if I use the 957 between city and lets say old lode lane and I have no alternative route like people on the x51 for example will I be forced to pay higher fares, when in the past I have my 57 / 957.  Suppose you could say the same for people in Bloxwich for example, but the Sheldon/Olton/Wells Green type area examples seems a bit unfair to those passengers. Again to much time on my hands this evening.

You have the 73  ;) takes a little longer though!

Kevin

Maybe I've missed something here but... Who said anything about higher fares?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

Yeah I get that but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 30, 2014, 12:15:09 AM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on November 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM

Yeah I get that but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

I know what you mean!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk