News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Metrobus DR102/xx

Started by M3troBake1979, January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3troBake1979

Something I have wondered for a long time, and not managed to get the data relating to...

Can anyone provide me with an explanation of what the DR102/xx specifications relate to, or more to the point - which Metrobus models these relate? i.e  MI, MKII, MKIIA, DP? I have an old West Midlands handbook/fleet number book which shows, obviously, tables of fleet listings to include Metros in the region but again, I do not know how the DR's relate.

By the way, only six days late but happy new year to all.

Tony

Quote from: M3troBake1979 on January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM
Something I have wondered for a long time, and not managed to get the data relating to...

Can anyone provide me with an explanation of what the DR102/xx specifications relate to, or more to the point - which Metrobus models these relate? i.e  MI, MKII, MKIIA, DP? I have an old West Midlands handbook/fleet number book which shows, obviously, tables of fleet listings to include Metros in the region but again, I do not know how the DR's relate.

DR stands for Double-Deck rear engine 101, 102 etc is the model number
London Transport's tended to me model 101, everyone elses 102!
/xx is the specification number

So 2436 is a DR102/27
Double deck, Right hand drive, model number 102, 27th different specifation produced

The Metroliner Single decks were CR (Coach, Rear)
Guided Metrobuses (8101-14) were GR (Guided Rear)
Metroriders were MF (Mini Front)

M3troBake1979

Tony, excellent response to my question. Thank you :) I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this little gem of a forum.

busfan2847

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2014, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: M3troBake1979 on January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

DR stands for Double-Deck Right hand drive
101, 102 etc is the model number
London Transport's tended to me model 101, everyone elses 102!
/xx is the specification number

So 2436 is a DR102/27
Double deck, Right hand drive, model number 102, 27th different specifation produced

The Metroliner Single decks were CR (Coach, Right)
Guided Metrobuses (8101-14) were GR (Guided Right)
Metroriders were MF (Mini Front Wheels)

plus DR104 - Rolls Royce engined

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk