News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Metrobus DR102/xx

Started by M3troBake1979, January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3troBake1979

Something I have wondered for a long time, and not managed to get the data relating to...

Can anyone provide me with an explanation of what the DR102/xx specifications relate to, or more to the point - which Metrobus models these relate? i.e  MI, MKII, MKIIA, DP? I have an old West Midlands handbook/fleet number book which shows, obviously, tables of fleet listings to include Metros in the region but again, I do not know how the DR's relate.

By the way, only six days late but happy new year to all.

Tony

Quote from: M3troBake1979 on January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM
Something I have wondered for a long time, and not managed to get the data relating to...

Can anyone provide me with an explanation of what the DR102/xx specifications relate to, or more to the point - which Metrobus models these relate? i.e  MI, MKII, MKIIA, DP? I have an old West Midlands handbook/fleet number book which shows, obviously, tables of fleet listings to include Metros in the region but again, I do not know how the DR's relate.

DR stands for Double-Deck rear engine 101, 102 etc is the model number
London Transport's tended to me model 101, everyone elses 102!
/xx is the specification number

So 2436 is a DR102/27
Double deck, Right hand drive, model number 102, 27th different specifation produced

The Metroliner Single decks were CR (Coach, Rear)
Guided Metrobuses (8101-14) were GR (Guided Rear)
Metroriders were MF (Mini Front)

M3troBake1979

Tony, excellent response to my question. Thank you :) I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this little gem of a forum.

busfan2847

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2014, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: M3troBake1979 on January 06, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

DR stands for Double-Deck Right hand drive
101, 102 etc is the model number
London Transport's tended to me model 101, everyone elses 102!
/xx is the specification number

So 2436 is a DR102/27
Double deck, Right hand drive, model number 102, 27th different specifation produced

The Metroliner Single decks were CR (Coach, Right)
Guided Metrobuses (8101-14) were GR (Guided Right)
Metroriders were MF (Mini Front Wheels)

plus DR104 - Rolls Royce engined

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk